Find the answer to your Linux question:
For the last three weeks, I have not been able to update from the AntiX repository (which is where AntiX kernels and a few AntiX-specific packages come from). Apparently there ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Something funny has happened to AntiX

For the last three weeks, I have not been able to update from the AntiX repository (which is where AntiX kernels and a few AntiX-specific packages come from). Apparently there is no longer a PGP public key for this site. Everything else in AntiX comes from the Debian Wheezy repos and they're OK.

Today I decided to ask about this in the AntiX forum and whaddya know! that's gone too! You can still get to the website but only boilerplate text is diplayed there, no actual content.

Does anyone know what's going on?
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    What URL are you going to hazel?

antiX-forum - Index page seems fine from here
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

I tried accessing the site with Midori and that shows a normal display. Links doesn't any more, unfortunately. My guess is they have switched to some kind of display format that you need javascript for.

Anyway, I found a thread there on the repository problem and it turned out that the guy responsible for the server had let his key run out! He created a new one of course but I didn't have that on my system. The thread contained a command to update the local key set, which I ran and now everything's ok.
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Sounds like you are browsing the AntiX forum in Mobile mode in Links browser Hazel. Scroll down to the bottom of the page you get in Links and see if there is a "view in full mode" link.

I ran into that running iceweasel the other week and it blew my mind for a minute till I figured it out.

I then gave a link to mobile mode in the AntiX thread where some new members were griping/complaining
    about disabling the chatbox window on the forum. Mobile mode for that forum layout is pretty featureless.

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Sounds like you are browsing the AntiX forum in Mobile mode in Links browser Hazel. Scroll down to the bottom of the page you get in Links and see if there is a "view in full mode" link.
    Well, I checked and guess what? In the mode I'm in, there's no button that you can use to change mode! Now midori shows the page in desktop mode by default, but if you switch to mobile mode, you can still see the content (it just looks different) and there are switching buttons in both modes.

I tried changing the url in links to the one midori uses (ending with "?mobile=desktop") but it has no effect, which means it must be a javascript thing. Links used to support javascript (that was the main difference from lynx) but when it went graphical, javascript went belly-up and they dropped support. Bah!
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com