Find the answer to your Linux question:
Was j/w what people's thoughts were on where I could find the best help for this topic...I realize that this is skirting on the bounds of what's supposed to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Right Forum For This?

Was j/w what people's thoughts were on where I could find the best help for this topic...I realize that this is skirting on the bounds of what's supposed to be in here, but I figured it was the right place.

The thread is about VNC help, in which I need somebody with like an actual functional knowledge of VNC (not somebody who remoted into and fixed their Gma's computer 4 years ago). Though I suppose even somebody who simply uses it often would be able to answer the first part.. Somebody needs to be a bit more technical for the second...

The thread is currently in "Servers", and I'm not able to get much help through there.

The topic:
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/ser...nc-server.html

Anybody think of a better sub-forum for it? Or is it in the right place and perhaps I should try a different forum (would probably need some suggestions for that, haha) or sub-forum? This was one of those topics that I could see sliding into a few sub-forums.

Thanks .

I've never really delved into VNC, but if nobody here chimes in, have you looked at the VNC channel on IRC?
    #vnc : Chat on vnc IRC channel - UnderNet WebChat
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    I've never really delved into VNC, but if nobody here chimes in, have you looked at the VNC channel on IRC?
    #vnc : Chat on vnc IRC channel - UnderNet WebChat
    I haven't, I didn't even know there was one - thanks! .

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndacate View Post
    I haven't, I didn't even know there was one - thanks! .
    Blah, the IRC link doesn't work and I haven't been able to find a "VNC channel" via google. I joined #vnc on freenode but there was only 2 people there...neither responsive...