Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elija
Does anyone know whether this laptop is good for basic educational usage like learning some basic programming or documenting Asus Eee PC 1015CX-BLK024W Netbook Price in India, Asus Eee PC ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation low cost laptop -Asus Eee PC 1015CX-BLK024W

Does anyone know whether this laptop is good for basic educational usage like learning some basic programming or documenting

Asus Eee PC 1015CX-BLK024W Netbook Price in India, Asus Eee PC 1015CX-BLK024W Netbook Laptop Reviews - Infibeam.com

I'm looking for laptop under 500$
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I have no direct experience of that laptop but that said I used to have something similar. It was quite slow especially when compared to an Intel I3 or newer but the battery life was very good.

The thing that made it unusable for me was that it was too small. I found the screen OK to read but the keyboard caused too much discomfort and wrist pain after a mere five or ten minutes. These days I won't use a laptop of less than 15 inches and preferably 17 purely for the keyboard.

I don't know how important that would be for you.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I have no direct experience of that laptop but that said I used to have something similar. It was quite slow especially when compared to an Intel I3 or newer but the battery life was very good.

The thing that made it unusable for me was that it was too small. I found the screen OK to read but the keyboard caused too much discomfort and wrist pain after a mere five or ten minutes. These days I won't use a laptop of less than 15 inches and preferably 17 purely for the keyboard.

I don't know how important that would be for you.
    Thanks Elija for the reply. I'm planning for buy a laptop for my relative. He is 18 years old about to join college. Do you think , it will be useful for him ? I'm assuming he will be using a laptop only for educational purpose
    Or else do you recommend any laptop less 500 $ for such tasks.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I think that in general such a machine will be up to the job although compiling large projects may take a while As I said, the killer for me was the size of the keyboard so do you have a shop where you can check out similarly sized computers to see if it would be a problem?

These days I normally go for higher end laptops as if you get a good one the value for money is just as good and the performance blows the lower end out of the water. My personal favourite manufacturer is Toshiba, certainly their higher end Satellites are phenomenal machines.

Over here I would consider something like this which is about $650 if bought on-line. You may find a better deal locally.
    Lakshmipathi likes this.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Thanks for the details. I'll checkout Toshiba brand in nearby store rooms.
    -----

This EEE Pc is good for browsing only. I suggest you look at Lenovo brands