Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, iím creating my own website and need help with Linux. I know nothing about Linux and donít have the time to properly learn it. Anyone interested in helping me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with website

Hi, iím creating my own website and need help with Linux. I know nothing about Linux and donít have the time to properly learn it. Anyone interested in helping me out here? This does not have to happen for free ofcourse.

Hello and Welcome to the forums.
    I'm sure anyone would be glad to answer your questions if you have some specific problem you need to solve. Ask away. Is there a reason you need to use Linux if you don't have time to learn it? It might be better to use something you do know if you are in a crunch for time because learning to use Linux doesn't happen overnight.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Hi, i'm new to all of this and someone told me that at some point i would be needing Linux in the creation of my site. We did set somewhat of a deadline for the site to go online and as you pointed out Linux is not something you learn quickly. I don't know about all the possibilities of Linux and i'm not aware of any alternatives. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I would suggest that you focus on the mission critical stuff like getting the website up and running first. Building a website can take awhile....but you can use any OS to do that with. Unless you are wanting to host your own website then, yes, you probably will want to learn Linux sometime soon.
    Linux pretty much offers the same possibilities as Windows but there are far fewer costs when you are dealing with Linux.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandar View Post
    Hi, i'm new to all of this and someone told me that at some point i would be needing Linux in the creation of my site. We did set somewhat of a deadline for the site to go online and as you pointed out Linux is not something you learn quickly. I don't know about all the possibilities of Linux and i'm not aware of any alternatives. Any suggestions would be most welcome.
    If I understand your requirement correctly, You need website running on Linux platform ? If so, you can sign-up for shared-Linux web-hosting from so many providers. Then upload your files . You are website goes live !
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org