Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Smidthmador It's the main character of a story I wrote in high school about a guy that was "cursed" one night, lived a horrible and miserable life, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidthmador View Post
    It's the main character of a story I wrote in high school about a guy that was "cursed" one night, lived a horrible and miserable life, then died.... I think the name is catchy but because I am now so used to typing it I have a very hard time typing Smith.
    LOL funny stuff there.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Sad and geeky here I'm afraid. Elija was the name of one of my AD&D characters and since I suck at choosing names, I stuck with it when I needed an on-line handle.
    okay, damn it. i tried not to ask, but it is killing me: what class was Elija? I guess cleric (don't ask why, it just came to me). Human? Elf? What level(s)? based upon the average bent of your posts (witty and outside the box, but always insightful) I'm guessing...Chaotic Good?

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    okay, damn it. i tried not to ask, but it is killing me: what class was Elija? I guess cleric (don't ask why, it just came to me). Human? Elf? What level(s)? based upon the average bent of your posts (witty and outside the box, but always insightful) I'm guessing...Chaotic Good?
    He was supposedly a Human fighter/mage with minor clerical abilities but actually was a Gold Dragon and therefore lawful/good. But even that had a twist given by a DM who could only be described as, well I want to say evil and twisted but that really doesn't do him justice

The character started as a recurring but unnamed NPC who was fascinated by this multi-race group of adventurers who all seemed to get along and look out for each other so he started subtly helping them when they got in serious trouble.

I jokingly said to the guy who would be running the next game that it would be fun to play him when I didn't know what was going to happen and the next thing I knew we were rolling the character properly! We gave him the back story of wanting to understand the other races which would be impossible if they knew the truth and that led to the constraint of not using dragon abilities unless there was absolutely no alternative.

He was a fun character to play especially after the twist; due to a deck of many things, he spent some time as chaotic/evil and then in a hallucination sequence was flipped back to lawful/good. That made him a good guy with out of alignment moments!
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Just Joined!
    German License pate . .

My initials and birthday.

Just Joined!
    I am always bothered by the username-in-use-already mistake when registering accounts. So I make this and surly this will not be used without me who know its meaning. "cmpltrtok" means "complete rate OK".

Just Joined!
    I dont wear shoes, and Im a pastry chef/baker by trade... simples

I also go by the name noodles, in a roundabout way from the film ratatouille. I was working a kitchen when it came out, I am a chef, I look like the main character linguini, and it stuck... for about a month, untill I changed place. Nobody had seen the film, but they didnt like italians, so linguini changed into noodles. now I cant go into a kitchen in england and introduce myself as John and be recognised as who I am...

Whats in a name? Alot, or there should be at least!

Trusted Penguin
    He was supposedly a Human fighter/mage with minor clerical abilities but actually was a Gold Dragon and therefore lawful/good. But even that had a twist given by a DM who could only be described as, well I want to say evil and twisted but that really doesn't do him justice
    that is a very interesting back-story! and i can relate to the sadistic DM, having been one. i had this one completely made up scenario where whenever anyone in the party uttered the word "trouble", a demi-lich gated in to attend to them. for no good reason, just b/c they were too powerful and cocky. it shut them up.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    My moniker was given me by a business partner/friend many years ago, because of my yoga-derived flexibility. He also gave me one of my other nicknames, "Space Cowboy", which Steve Miller (who we were friends with, back in the late 1960's in the Topanga Canyon area of So. California) used as inspiration for his song of the same name, or so I heard...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    LOL!!! I made it!!! I wasn't the first one to ask!

The character started as a recurring but unnamed NPC who was fascinated by this multi-race group of adventurers who all seemed to get along and look out for each other so he started subtly helping them when they got in serious trouble.

I jokingly said to the guy who would be running the next game that it would be fun to play him when I didn't know what was going to happen and the next thing I knew we were rolling the character properly! We gave him the back story of wanting to understand the other races which would be impossible if they knew the truth and that led to the constraint of not using dragon abilities unless there was absolutely no alternative.

He was a fun character to play especially after the twist; due to a deck of many things, he spent some time as chaotic/evil and then in a hallucination sequence was flipped back to lawful/good. That made him a good guy with out of alignment moments!
    I'm jealous... I never had a group that wanted to play similar to a D&D.... you have a handle from those days.
    KUDOS.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2