Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi to all dear Well I am little bit confuse regarding CEH certification or RHCE.. So I need sugestion form all members to help me which is better option for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool Need help regarding RHCE Vs CEH certification

Hi to all dear

Well I am little bit confuse regarding CEH certification or RHCE.. So I need sugestion form all members to help me which is better option for me. Remember that i am nill to networking but know little bit redhat Linux server. for better future prospectus i need any certification. So plz let me know what shud i choose? or ill somebody will tell me which is best certification?
    Last edited by m2sal; 05-15-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Trusted Penguin
    Hi,

TBH, I don't think the CEH cert is going to fetch you as many 2nd looks as an RHCE. The CEH is more niche at this point, I think, and you'd get more visibility with something like an RHCE or an RHCSA. If your goal is to get into Linux Administration, that's my opinion anyway. Plus, you will learn a bit of networking along the way in those cert programs. Then you could always take on a CEH (or maybe a Cisco cert) later.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Hi,

TBH, I don't think the CEH cert is going to fetch you as many 2nd looks as an RHCE. The CEH is more niche at this point, I think, and you'd get more visibility with something like an RHCE or an RHCSA. If your goal is to get into Linux Administration, that's my opinion anyway. Plus, you will learn a bit of networking along the way in those cert programs. Then you could always take on a CEH (or maybe a Cisco cert) later.
    thanks for ur suggestion my friend. GOD bless u.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yes, RHCE is well known certification (May be little expensive :P). I think RHCE will give some basic foundation. First begin with it then later take up decide on Cisco or VMware certifications or any other vendor. All the best !
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Yes, RHCE is well known certification (May be little expensive :P). I think RHCE will give some basic foundation. First begin with it then later take up decide on Cisco or VMware certifications or any other vendor. All the best !
    Thanks bro I am really really thankfull to both of u for suggesting me to the right way. Thanks n GOD bless u.