Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
In this age you can forget *any* anonymity of any kind at all. We're rapidly approaching the point where a pair of glasses will be able to scan the faces ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

In this age you can forget *any* anonymity of any kind at all. We're rapidly approaching the point where a pair of glasses will be able to scan the faces in a crowd and pull up the SSN #'s of every person in the crowd, their favorite foods, their dog's name, anything; you name it.

I'm currently growing a beard and long hair and started wearing a hat and glasses b/c *all* pics of me are clean cut with a crew cut and the current algos can't handle those kinds of changes.

If you think I'm being paranoid then take a gander at this.

And that my friend is just the tiny tip of a HUGE iceburg!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_G View Post
    Thanks, but I'm doin' great bro! And I'm only being quasi facetious!

I have seen the future and it ain't pretty at all; Idiocracy and Minority Report were run through a blender and what came out the other end was some seriously spooky stuff!
    This has been going on for a long time! Honestly, I just stick up my finger and go on with my business...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Enthusiast
    A live one! Wicked. A lot of acronyms, but otherwise well said, Steven_G. Thank you.

And you know, I completely agree with you, sadly enough.

Do you know that there is talk about phasing out cash up here in Canada? Rationale: Because drug king-pins like to use it!?! WTF!?! They use toilet paper too.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miven View Post
    A live one! Wicked. A lot of acronyms, but otherwise well said, Steven_G. Thank you.

Do you know that there is talk about phasing out cash up here in Canada? Rationale: Because drug king-pins like to use it!?! WTF!?! They use toilet paper too.
    And they breathe oxygen also!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    And they breathe oxygen also!
    Don't give them any ideas!

Well, to be perfectly honest, having had my eyes opened just a couple of years ago is one of several things that have occured recently that motiviated me to finally start taking the necessary steps to go from advanced hobbiest to having a clue; with my final goal being to have my MS Info Sec in less than 5 years. I figure with what's coming down the pipe, as much as it turns my stomach, the safest place to be will be deep on the inside as one of the trusted cogs in the machine. We're already starting to get a taste of what happens to those on the outside.

Linux Enthusiast
    Just because other people do it does not make it right.

Brother, I'm not talikng about right, I'm talking about survival.

There is some really, really ugly stuff coming down the pipe and people either can't or won't see it. They're seriously talking in Congress about instituting a national biometeric ID system down here that will be phased in over several years. It will start with foreign travelers as they enter and as they leave. It will be expanded to a national bio ID program over time. The bio ID will be required to conduct all business.

Since all the net spy bills keep failing they're going through the back door now and are passing piece-meal stuff that accomplishes the same thing and is not making big news headlines; instead of trying to ram it down our throats all at once.

According to DHS if you're not on facebook you're a terrorist.

Two kids we had a bead on for over two years were allowed to pull their op so we could test our ability to put a city under martial law. I say that as former AF mil-po / anti-terrorist officer. And I truly believe it was allowed to happen to test both the overall apparatus and how far along public acceptance is towards sacrificing constitutional rights for "security". I say this as someone who has worked as low level / field command in operations where 150+ civilian and mil-po LEO were involved in drills. It took over 18 months to coordinate all the budgets and jurisdictions.

They were able to pull thousands at all levels of law enforcement out of their rear in less the 12 hours.

BFnS!

BTW, for the sheeple who accept what's spoon fed to them: Please dig for about 5 minutes. There was an LEO op pre-announced for the area that day. Gee, ain't it just ko-ink-e-dinkal that they just happened to have all that firepower in place on the day this went down.

DoD just published new regs that effectively nullify Posse Comitatus.

TSA is a bunch of untrained and unsworn security guards who have no legal authority of any kind, but have been given a tin badge and the authorization to sexually molest travelers. As someone who used to teach the class on how to search people I can assure you that TSA "searches" are designed to intimidate the general public, not to actually find contraband.

And now the TSA is expanding to train and bus stations and road block checks!

Real time surveillance of everyone in a densely populated area is less than a decade away from being both practical and affordable.

Kick back this weekend with your favorite adult beverage and watch Idiocracy and Minority Report back to back.

Take all of the pretty people out of the report and people its streets with the idiots and substitute the psychics with D-Wave quantum computers running Google new math warm and fuzzy algos in an NSA basement that ease drops on *everything* down to how much sugar was in your pee when you went to the bathroom this morning ("intelligent" / networked toilets - already in the works) and thar be the future!
    Last edited by Steven_G; 05-22-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Linux Enthusiast
    So a bunch of overpaid dipshits store all your boring emails. Big deal. Your emails are not that interesting.

And, yeah. I already know the little boys from the US of A think they can take over the world. They can't. All they can do is blow sh*t up. And they're the best in the world! Woohoo! Let's blow more sh*t up!

Clueless children who need to be smacked for bad behavior.

And hey,
    Peace and Cheer.

So a bunch of overpaid dipshits store all your boring emails. Big deal. Your emails are not that interesting.
    True, my e mails are not that interesting. That's not the problem. The problem is all these idiots went to The Man with One Red Shoe spy school and attach significance to all the wrong stuff.

Then after their crappy new math algos pick you out of the crowd as a bad guy because you're looking for a good peanut butter and eggs recipe they direct the newly militarized police to show up at your house in the middle of the night with armored personnel carriers, fully automatic weapons, flash bangs and 50 autonomous hunter / seeker / killer microdrones then drag your wife and kids out of the bed to be sent off to re-education camp; oops, I mean to see the trauma counselor.

And that is a big deal.

Free your mind and your ass will follow!
    Last edited by Steven_G; 05-23-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast