Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am not going to be buying a new vehicle but the new " gimmicks " being used on people nowadays are diabolical!! The Four-Wheeled Fine Print | Eric Peters ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Examining The Very Fine Print!

I am not going to be buying a new vehicle but the new " gimmicks " being used on people nowadays are diabolical!!
    The Four-Wheeled Fine Print | Eric Peters Autos
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Yeah, this is nothing new. They have been doing this for years. The problem is people allow this to continue. People should just stop buying form companies that do this and they would change their policies.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    The ones that make me angry are the "pay day loan" companies. They have flashy ads shown all over our TV channels and in very small and often faint print show the annual interest rate. The most outrageous I have seen so far? 3,136%

Yes, you did read that correctly.

In the context of the OP, when making a major purchase, I usually take quite a lot of a sales person's time and ask lots and lots of questions. If I then find out that I ain't getting the advertised deal, the phrase I use is "Never mind then, I'll go spend my money at your competition" and I leave. The only way they get my money is if they make me an offer so good I can't ignore it, and that's before I reach the door. Sometimes you get the offer and sometimes you don't but the look on the sales person's face is always priceless
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Con men have been around a long time... is it the con man's responsibility to play fair or is it the responsibility of the people he's trying to con to be responsible for their own well being? H. L. Mencken said it better...

No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.

Quote Originally Posted by fanderal View Post
    No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.
    Man isn't that the truth, the whole truth!!

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    The ones that make me angry are the "pay day loan" companies. They have flashy ads shown all over our TV channels and in very small and often faint print show the annual interest rate. The most outrageous I have seen so far? 3,136%
    The so-called reputable banks have developed a very similar scam. Once upon a time, if you had an overdraft, you were charged interest. Nowadays most UK banks have fixed charges for being overdrawn. There is a charge that you pay per day and usually additional charges for each payment made from the account during the period of the overdraft.

Most unarranged overdrafts are quite small, the result of a direct debit falling due just before your salary comes in, so the charges correspond to a massive interest rate. The banks advertise this as good news ("We don't charge interest...") and as welcome plain speaking ("...so you know in advance exactly how much you'll have to pay.").
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

The banks here were ripping their customers off big time with overdraft charges! As part of a sweeping nation-wide law everyone that wanted " overdraft protection " had to sign up for it and get forms indicating what charges would be made. I never signed up for it because it only encourages people to spend foolishly.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    The banks here were ripping their customers off big time with overdraft charges! As part of a sweeping nation-wide law everyone that wanted " overdraft protection " had to sign up for it and get forms indicating what charges would be made. I never signed up for it because it only encourages people to spend foolishly.
    "Overdraft protection" has just arrived here; I got a leaflet on it with my last bank statement. I don't think it's mandatory for them to offer it though. Anyway, I'm not biting. My overdraft protection is not spending more than I have. My whole financial life is based on what my parents taught me.

My father: "Don't get into debt, whatever you do. Once you're in debt, you're at somebody else's mercy.

My mother: "If you can't afford to pay cash for it, you can't afford to buy it."

Financial geniuses, both of them!
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Although I was told about the evils of borrowing by many relatives; it was a gangster
    that made the best quote " Once You Use Their Money, They Own You! "!!
    Linux user # 414321