Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well now Yahoo since I've learned to live without you why would I go back? Lately there have been a lot of Yahoo emails seeking that I go back to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Yahoo wants me back???

Well now Yahoo since I've learned to live without you why would I go back? Lately there have been a lot of Yahoo emails seeking that I go back to using the accounts I had at Yahoo but I, for one, am not biting!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Well now Yahoo since I've learned to live without you why would I go back? Lately there have been a lot of Yahoo emails seeking that I go back to using the accounts I had at Yahoo but I, for one, am not biting!!
    Well, one of the good things you can say about Yahoo! Mail! is that there are alternatives...
    Personally, all the "free" email services are a real PITA. It's gotten so bad that I'm considering starting a new "free" email service myself, but one that uses strong public-key encryption to store data on the hosting servers so only the account owner can possibly read it (no slurping by government hacks), probably supported by ads, but discrete and configurable by the user (you specify what kinds of cruft you are willing to tolerate, and at what intervals). IE, end-to-end encryption, no plain-text on servers, ads as you are willing to tolerate them - pay a small fee if you don't want any ads at all (there is no free lunch). Now, all I need is an angel investor to get it off the ground!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Yahoo is still in business? I ditched them years ago when their advertising (etc) was just getting too onerous, and never looked back. I don't even remember the exact reason, one day I just felt very strongly I had "had enough" of yahoo, and stopped using them as my portal of choice

Unfortunately it would be a total pain in the butt for me to dump yahoo. I've had the same address since '97. It's attached to *everything*.

But, with a lot of customization to my browser I've blocked 100% of the ads / crap on the screen and have a nice clean interface. I also still have the same original basic interface, every time they pester me about "upgrading" I keep ignoring the splash screen until they get the hint.

But, Rubberman, if you get that off the ground let us know. I'd go through the trouble of switching for a service like that; if I could find a good one. Unfortunately all the ones I can find currently in service have various issues that have dissuaded me from using them.

When Yahoo ordered their users to agree to their new " service policy " or lose access to their email accounts I refused.
    Someone here at LF told me about fastmail.fm and I have a bunch of accounts with them. I still use google, lavabit, and
    hushmail for different things. I think folks are realizing that " free isn't free " and that it is better to pay for ad-free email.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

If you use Google, you might as well use Yahoo. Nothing worse than Google.

I don't mind Yahoo so much. I use them a lot for my Fantasy Football league and a "Generic" email account that I pass out freely. Most of that doesn't even get read.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.