Find the answer to your Linux question:
I do not know why the insects seem so persistent in biting me this year; but I came across this article today which might help all of us!! Make Yourself ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Dealing With Biting Insects!

I do not know why the insects seem so persistent in biting me this year; but I came across this article today which might help all of us!!
    Make Yourself Naturally Unappealing ?
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Linux Guru
    Been a Honey user and

Research also suggests that regularly consuming garlic or garlic capsules may help protect against both mosquito and tick bites.
    The garlic makes you smell funny permanently though. The honey keeps me from getting sick.

Some of that is pure BS, I rarely get bitten and my wife gets constantly bitten, sitting in the same areas and having eaten the same things, I wear darker clothes and have darker skin, sweat more and we both eat bananas.

See the links at the bottom, seems blood type has something to do with it.

Most of the remedies do work, my wife makes homemade soap and the cinnamon honey is great on insect bites. All oils help repel and will kill insects, it more or less suffocates them, so naming specific oils is just advertisement. I make insect spray with an all natural oil mixture.

Why do mosquitoes bite some people more than others? Scienceline

Why do mosquitoes bite some people and not others?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    Some of that is pure BS, I rarely get bitten and my wife gets constantly bitten, sitting in the same areas and having eaten the same things, I wear darker clothes and have darker skin, sweat more and we both eat bananas.

See the links at the bottom, seems blood type has something to do with it.

Most of the remedies do work, my wife makes homemade soap and the cinnamon honey is great on insect bites. All oils help repel and will kill insects, it more or less suffocates them, so naming specific oils is just advertisement. I make insect spray with an all natural oil mixture.

Why do mosquitoes bite some people more than others? Scienceline

Why do mosquitoes bite some people and not others?
    Thanks for the links. A woman friend said the lemon/lime coolers that I make in my blender every day is probably why I am being constantly attacked!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

It has a lot to do with age. I used to be a magnet for all kinds of biting insects whereas they never bit my mother. I remember walking through a field in Austria with my mother walking behind me squashing the horseflies that settled on my calves. She didn't need anyone to walk behind her!

Now that I am old, I seldom get bitten.

btw, dock leaves are good on bites if you are allergic to them, just as they are for nettle burns. I suspect that both processes involve the same inflammatory chemicals.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/