Find the answer to your Linux question:
Go ahead, get the pasword, see if I care! If I really don't want you to see it then it's in a hardware vault encrypted with an AES-Twofish-Serpent chained block ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hear ye, Hear ye, The NSA can kiss my grits

Go ahead, get the pasword, see if I care!

If I really don't want you to see it then it's in a hardware vault encrypted with an AES-Twofish-Serpent chained block cypher cascading in XTS mode salted with a Whirlpool-512 hash and a randomizing factor; to which I do not even know the password cuz the password is someplace else hidden another way!

And if the vault is moved to other hardware it becomes irretrievably scrambled. And it's in all in a custom hardened environment that has so many ridiculous layers to it you'll get more lost than Livingston trying to dig through it.

Let me see you backwards factor that buttheads.

So go ahead and get my email password. All it will tell you is how much I owe on my car.

And what fabulous, word class secret am I hiding in my vault? My bank info!

And why do I have to go to so much trouble to protect my checking account?

BECAUSE YOU RETARDS KEEP OPENING HOLES IN EVERY FRIGGING THING. DO YOU JERKWADS NOT REALIZE THAT 5 MINUTES AFTER YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO BREAK SOMETHING THAT SOME 12 YEAR OLD KID IN THE URALS IS WRITING A SCRIPT TO DUPLICATE YOUR WORK!

KNOCK IT OFF!

It's already easy enough for the script kiddies to find holes on their own without you drawing maps amd throwing down friggin road flares for them to follow.

Don't you idiots realize that by doing all of this crap all you're doing is punching holes in the very thing that you're trying to protect! Not only are you giving the script kiddies ideas, but you're making social engineering hacks all that much easier.

If every time a good looking piece of paper comes across my desk I'm supposed to jump to attention and dump my whole DB to a certain address then it won't take long for the bad guys to come up with good looking pieces of paper and redirectors!

And if you get it down to just a phone call that will make it even easier for the bad guys to blow smoke up some idiots butt until they're handed the keys to the kingdom.

There should be some kind of spook oath that starts: Primum non nocere.

Buttheads!

But, hey, what do I know?

Everything is safe as houses, or cars!

Have no fear, I'm just paranoid!
    Last edited by Steven_G; 07-26-2013 at 07:52 AM.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...ums-rules.html

As much as I agree, this thread cannot continue. It violates the forum rules. (No politics). *Locking thread*
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close