Find the answer to your Linux question:
My grandson recently got another XBox after the first one had it's spindle stick because of the glue problem(look it up on the Interweb and you'll see what I'm talking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Funny XBox story.

My grandson recently got another XBox after the first one had it's spindle stick because of the glue problem(look it up on the Interweb and you'll see what I'm talking about) so anyway, he brought it over to try and get online to play some "Live" XBox. Found the Network but when it came to the Interweb it failed. This went on for about half an hour until he and his mom finally broke down and gave em' at call at MicroSuck to see if they could help.
    Guy was on speaker so I could hear what was going on. They tried via WiFi and got an MTU Error. Then we hooked up the ol' RJ-45 Ethernet cable and still, MTU Error. He then ask if we had a computer that he could hijack to make it look like an XBox so he could test something or another out and my wife volunteered her laptop for the test. Now comes the FUN Part. He ask which version of Windows we were using, I told my daughter to tell him Elementary OS Luna and he said he couldn't hijack the system.
    I'm pretty sure the "problem" is because I have my Firewall on Medium on my router and I'm not turning off my Firewall for Love nor Money. It's just not safe to surf the web without a Firewall. Anyway, my daughter left kind of upset and said that it looks like they'll have to get their own Interweb which is good, that'll help take some bandwidth off of mine.
    Oh well, it's funny that a MicroSuck guy would just assume that we were running Windows, glad I could show him that not everyone is drinkin' the cool aid, LOL

I had to hook up my Windstream wireless router. The service tech could not handle the strain of AntiX, poor fella.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Someday the World will wake up to the fact that there's more Op Systems then Windows and OS X. Until then we'll just quietly stay in the background, virus free and smile to ourselves.