Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have heard that a consortium of Facebook, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft are to sue the US government over the Prism affair. They are complaining that damage has been done ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

NSA to be sued!

I have heard that a consortium of Facebook, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft are to sue the US government over the Prism affair. They are complaining that damage has been done to their reputations and business, and that they have been unable to defend themselves because they are not allowed to reveal whether or not NSA has requested information from them.

More strength to their arm!
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

It's bad enough that the NSA took all the data but then to turn around and tell the Companies that they can't tell their customers about it or say anything publicly is just a crime IMHO. I'm all for fighting terrorists but data mining U.S. Citizens is just plain wrong no matter what the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    I have heard that a consortium of Facebook, Google, Yahoo and Microsoft are to sue the US government over the Prism affair.
    and who pays the bill? and who gains? ... hold individuals personally accountable - that would make people think twice

Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    It's bad enough that the NSA took all the data but then to turn around and tell the Companies that they can't tell their customers about it or say anything publicly is just a crime IMHO. I'm all for fighting terrorists but data mining U.S. Citizens is just plain wrong no matter what the cause.
    Now isn't that a typically American response! The first thing NSA said when the affair broke was that of course they weren't spying on American citizens, just nasty foreigners like yours truly. As if we non-US-citizens were inferior beings with no right to privacy at all. I'm not a terrorist and they have no right to spy on my emails.

Zuckerman has pointed out that this slimy reassurance has just made matters ten times worse with customers worldwide.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com