Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monzie
Hello, some (minority) of my questions are hardly answered on this forum, so i want to ask which similar or more visited Linux server administrator forums you know?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightbulb Know any big Linux forums?

Hello,

some (minority) of my questions are hardly answered on this forum, so i want to ask which similar or more visited Linux server administrator forums you know?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I note that a number of those are qmail related. In such a case, you might want to go to the qmail web site and post your questions in their support forums. Here is a link to the default qmail mirror site: qmail: Second most popular MTA on the Internet

Here is a link to the Linux Experts web site that I am also involved with: http://www.linuxexpert.org/
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

The most active Linux forum I know of is LinuxQuestions. There are usually several pages of new posts each day.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    The most active Linux forum I know of is LinuxQuestions.
    that's the one i would have suggested, too - very active...though they don't have that close-knit family touch that I feel here...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by postcd View Post
    Hello,

some (minority) of my questions are hardly answered on this forum, so i want to ask which similar or more visited Linux server administrator forums you know?
    I also find it increasingly difficult to get answers. One strategy that works for me is to pose a question on stackoverflow or some stackexchange site - if your question is not well formulated it will be rejected or downvoted, and I find being forced to formulate the question usually points me in the right direction.
    postcd likes this.

Asking the right question certainly makes a difference. A title of just "Help me" won't get much response. You need to be as specific as possible, and give enough information to allow people to formulate a good answer. Communication can be difficult, but it's essential.

Regards,

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Here is a link to the Linux Experts web site that I am also involved with: LinuxExpert - OpenSource Community
    Nice site, I just joined. It looks like a nice start to an intelligent community.

Linux User #376741
    Code is Poetry

Quote Originally Posted by gruven View Post
    Nice site, I just joined. It looks like a nice start to an intelligent community.
    Community yes, intelligence is questionable... hehehe

I find that if you join the forum of the Distro that you're running it's sometimes easier to get answers to your questions. Case in point(pun intended) the Point Linux forum where I can ask about my Point Linux installs. Since it's the only Distro that I run it's where I can normally get the most info about it and Peter, the developer of Point Linux is on the forum regularly so I can get answers and info directly from him.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
    I find that if you join the forum of the Distro that you're running it's sometimes easier to get answers to your questions.
    yep, agreed. i joined the Fedora Forums for the same reason (though i rarely go there directly anymore, sometimes google takes me there). Also joined PerlMonks for perl-specific help, too. they are VERY active/responsive and I've never had an issue go unresolved.