Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The Not so New Lag to Linux-My Intro Post

My Real life nick name is actually my forum name. Lovely thing i picked up with i first started my online gaming days. Unfortunately when i first started playing Warcraft it was on a computer that couldnt even handle youtube.

Terrible online name no one ever wants to do anything but I love it.

I'm not entirely new to linux i dabbled....or i should say i played with it alot in my college time. Although that was a while ago now. So I'm gonna say I'm basically new to linux.

So hello to everyone and lets hope i dont ask 3000 questions a day....or more.

I will end this with saying I'm heading off to US Navy boot camp in about a week so I wont be around at all for 2months. I felt like getting back into my linux roots.

Better to start something sooner rather than later.

Good luck in the Navy boot camp, the Navy has some real good schools so maybe can get something happening while in the service. We'll be here when you get back.

Thanks. They blind sided me though. I was originally going for a CTM job and i surrendered to an MMS position.

Basically I make sure my Submarine doesn't sink.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Laggyextreme View Post
    Thanks. They blind sided me though. I was originally going for a CTM job and i surrendered to an MMS position.

Basically I make sure my Submarine doesn't sink.
    Let sub start to sink and maybe they will reassign to being a keyboard cowboy. <grin>

Howdy and Welcome. Former jarhead here. The sub runs linux so ya better brush up on your skill set.

The US Navy Moves to GNU/Linux | Techrights

U.S. Navy's warship of the future runs Linux | DVICE

From what I remember. At least the navy has beer vending machines in their barracks. That was a long while ago though.

Happy Trails, Rok
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck in the Navy.
    Registered Linux user #526930