Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which distro would you most recommend for being used as a server?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arch

0 0%
  • Debian

1 25.00%
  • Fedora

0 0%
  • Gentoo

0 0%
  • Slackware

0 0%
  • Mandriva / Mageia

0 0%
  • OpenSUSE

0 0%
  • RedHat / CentOS / Scientific

2 50.00%
  • Ubuntu

1 25.00%
  • Other ( please specify )

0 0%
Which distribution would you most recommend to others for being used as a server? Last Years Poll...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Which distro would you most recommend for being used as a server?

Which distribution would you most recommend to others for being used as a server?

Last Years Poll
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Used to Admin Solaris and RedHat in recent years jobs have been moving to Debian.

Linux Engineer
    I went with Ubuntu but mostly I'm agnostic for the most part. I'm a programmer and have worked with many Unices over the years. I like Linux and Ubuntu seems stable easy enough to work with.

I didn't see AIX there - not that would've picked it - I don't suppose it's really a Linux distro. It's never been clear to me just what AIX's relationship to Linux is but a number of years back when I was working a lot on AIX IBM began to talk about Linux AIX. I thought they may have gone to the Linux kernel but all I can find on it now is what they call "Linux affinity". 10 years ago Solaris, AIX at al had some advantages over Linux and FreeBSD but I don't see that anymore.