Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
As far as I know, anyone's a possible candidate.. but I'm not exactly "in the know" on this particular topic. jason? sarumont? Trusted Penguins?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

As far as I know, anyone's a possible candidate.. but I'm not exactly "in the know" on this particular topic. jason? sarumont? Trusted Penguins?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I guess its not my right to know what they're up to. Very secretive bunch. The Hidden Society of LinuxForums.org needs a cool name.

Linux Guru
    Its great that you all want to help out, and that offer is much appriciated. In terms of "when do you become a trusted penguin" - there is no set length of membership and no set number of posts. generally either a mod/tp posts something saying "hey, <username> always gives really good replies, i would like to recommend him/her for TP status" or I decide to shake things up for whatever reason, in which case i'll ask existing mod's/tps for their opinions.

I would like to say that we currently have a LOT of really great members on this forum, and it just is not possible to give all those members TP status in one go, or else what is the point in the TP system in the first place? ie, by "overuse" it becomes "undervalued". Unfortunatly this means that many members while they do offer great advice and are always very helpful may not always make it to TP status immediatly. At the moment im trying to keep the numbers small, and will do for the forseeable future.

Lastly, there is no secret society or anything like that. Ya, we have a seperate forum where we talk about not-so-exciting stuff but it is an essential communications channel - imagine what chaos there might be if we didnt talk to each other

I hope that's answered all the remaining questions.

Jason

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I always heard that you had to be bitten by a moderator, then bury a potato on a full moon while chewing cloves of garlic naked and sing "I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner". Oh wait... that was a fraternity stunt...
    He's found us out, J...now the world knows about the creation of moderators...
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2