Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
... and rubbish at introductions! I'm 22, live in Norway and I make furniture for a living. I've been toying with the idea of switching over to Linux for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Talking Hi, I'm new...

... and rubbish at introductions!

I'm 22, live in Norway and I make furniture for a living.

I've been toying with the idea of switching over to Linux for a couple of years now, but being a forever OS optimist, I kept hoping Windows would get better. Turns out it didn't, so here I am!

I am almost a complete n00b with Linux, except for a dodgy encounter with Mint a few years back, so expect me to ask a lot of questions you've probably answered a hundred times before, and just act n00bish in general.

Linux Engineer
    Welcome. I recommend Linux Mint for beginners. I prefer Linux Mint Debian Edition, as it's a rolling release, no need to reinstall or upgrade (error prone process) in the future.

I prefer Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Just another easy to learn one also and Howdy and Welcome. Don't forget to md5sum check downloaded Linux isos before using on a usb or burning a image disk.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Hello and Welcome!
    We all started out with a lot of questions, so don't be shy about asking yours.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Welcome to the board and ask away.

Getting up to speed with Linux is a lot easier than it used to be, you'll be happy you did in the long run.

Thank you all!

I've taken this test thing to see which distro I should pick, and all the ones I was already considering came up, so I'm going to take your advice, Mizzle, and try Mint out

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you join us. Maybe you can make some furniture for our coffee lounge.
    Registered Linux user #526930

I am kinda a noob too, been using Linux off and on since Red Hat first came out (I guess I bought discs at Comp USA)

currently using Ubuntu, and have conquered many problems that faced me, just ask for help and do a search on the internet (that really help)
    I have actually found many fixes and created many fixes in my short career with Linux...but I recently booted (kicked the habit) of using Windows and am now a full time Linux user

so once again Welcome!

Thank you, again

And of course I can make some furniture for the Coffee Lounge

Linux User
    OK, I'll wait to sit at a table made by you!

What exactly do you use Linux FOR? Do you use like, CAD programs for designing your furniture or something? Ask away.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast