Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, we have written a guide on how to use e-mail cryptography with GnuPG and we want to share it with all the community. In this guide you will learn: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Our book gives you PRIVACY and PRIZES

Hello, we have written a guide on how to use e-mail cryptography with GnuPG and we want to share it with all the community.

In this guide you will learn:

• What is cryptography
    • How cryptography works
    • The risks of not using cryptography and the benefits of using it
    • How to install and configure the necessary programs
    • How to use cryptography with e-mail and files in minutes
    • How to invite other people to use cryptography
    • What cryptography does and does not

You can download the guide for free in our official website*

Initially the guide is licensed in CC-BY-NC-ND. Our aim is to release it in Public Domain (CC-0) so we are running contests to raise 10 bitcoins, and in return we will give 25% of this amount (about $2,500.00) back to the community, plus the guide released in Public Domain. This way you will be able to:

• Adapt it by modifying or introducing new information
    • Re-brand it as yours and obtain all the credit for it
    • Distribute and help your community
    • License it in any way you wish, under your conditions
    • Commercialize it and get all the profit for it

Check out our official website* for more information on how to participate. If you don't use e-mail cryptography this book is definetly for you.

Thanks!

The Golden Keys Team.

*NOTE: Because we can't post links yet, check out our profile to see the address of our official website.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I would recommend that NO ONE download anything from this site until it has been vetted as a malware free site, and that the downloads are malware free. This is a topic of high interest these days, and a lot of black-hats are trying to pwn you! Sorry "goldenkeys", but this is not good practice. You say it is licensed in CC-BY-NC-ND - what in the heck does that mean? Are those states in the US? NC may be North Carolina, ND corresponds to North Dakota, but CC and BY don't relate to any US state.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman
    I would recommend that NO ONE download anything from this site until it has been vetted as a malware free site, and that the downloads are malware free.
    Our website is a simple wordpress.com generic blog, there is no malware in Wordpress. Our guide is a PDF file which also does not contain viruses. Wordpress probably scans all files hosted in its servers to ensure no one contains viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman
    You say it is licensed in CC-BY-NC-ND - what in the heck does that mean? Are those states in the US? NC may be North Carolina, ND corresponds to North Dakota, but CC and BY don't relate to any US state.
    We're sorry we were not very clear, CC-BY-NC-ND is the license we use in the book, it stands for Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs. You can know more about by accesing: creativecommons (dot) org (forward slash) licenses

Get a copy of our guide in our official website right now: goldencontest (dot) wordpress (dot) com

Frankly, I don't see any real problem here. Making members aware of an informative guide, especially at no cost, is fine in my book.
    I didn't fully read the entire thing, but I did skim it. I saw nothing there that indicated malware or any other issues to be concerned with.

Actually, I may come back to it and read it at a later date. At first glance, it looks to be fairly well written.
    Last edited by jayd512; 02-02-2014 at 06:19 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Thanks jayd512, we appreciate encouraging opinions like yours, especially when they come from the Administrator, which gives even more credibility.

Just one note: soon our guide will be available in Public Domain (Creative Commons Zero), so anyone can do whatever they want with it, including the owners and members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenkeys View Post
    We're sorry we were not very clear, CC-BY-NC-ND is the license we use in the book, it stands for Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs. You can know more about by accesing: creativecommons (dot) org (forward slash) licenses

Get a copy of our guide in our official website right now: goldencontest (dot) wordpress (dot) com
    I have friends that publish work under the Creative Commons license. It's a very sensible and straightforward way to publish documents, it's the literary equivalent of the GPL.

This book could be quite useful to me, btw. I work in the computer security field, and my wife's business needs secure email, so it might help her understand what I'm going to do to her mailbox...
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/