Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have some hp palmtops, two hp660lx and one hp620lx, that will not turn on anymore. They all used to work perfectly. But now none of them will turn ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

hp palmtops will not turn on

Hi,

I have some hp palmtops, two hp660lx and one hp620lx, that will not turn on anymore.

They all used to work perfectly. But now none of them will turn on at all. On one of them the power light will light up when plugged in to the AC power but the others won't even do that much.

I love these little things and would hate for them to become useless. I tried doing a soft and hard reset, and I also put new 2032 batteries in them. But they still don't work.

Linux Guru
    Attachment 5521

Is that what the 660lx looks like?

What Is an HP Palmtop?

Just info for other members that want to reply above.

I had a Itronix T5200 a long while back.
    I was lucky when I sold it for 25 bucks and it worked off of cell phone at&t contract.
    Those mini pcs are like Bic Lighters, just my opinion. They are great when they work.
    Cheaper to throw them away when they break.
    If you can't take it apart and find a blown fuse between the A/C adapter input and the motherboard.

Then I really don't know what to tell you to fix both of them. I cannabilized a old Casio PDA I had also for just the symptoms you describe. There was no fixing it. It was only good for the 8MB CF card that was inside plus the plastic pen.
    Everything else went into the trash.

So here is the best I can do for you.

HP 660LX PALMTOP MANUAL | User Service Manual Pdf

Okay I remember those now they were really cool back in the day. I used to work for an ISP that was an all Sun shop so had to install Solaris (SunOS) a lot. Those little HP's had a serial port and a terminal software so I could connect one and do installs or troubleshooting. Real handy being able to carry a terminal around in your pocket.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close