Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi There! I would like to contribute to some free software web project. I have good skills in PHP and frontend Html, CSS3 and JavaScript (jQuery). Could you guide me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

contribution to free software

Hi There!

I would like to contribute to some free software web project. I have good skills in PHP and frontend Html, CSS3 and JavaScript (jQuery).

Could you guide me please? Where can I start from?

Thank you very much!

Most applicatons/projects have a website so pick an app or project that sounds interesting to you find their site and contact them that you would like to volenteer. The skills you list are frontend web skills so maybe can help maintain thier site. Projects also need documentation people and QA testers. I'd say do whatever you can to get your feet wet and learn how projects are organized and how team development process works.

Just Joined!
    Large projects, Debian for instance, literally have thousands of packages that are looking for maintainers so it isn't even a matter of "if" you can contribute but "what" you will contribute. If your talents, skills, knowledge, etc. don't cover package maintenance specifically, most projects are looking for website work, documentation, bug testing, and even simple cash donations. There are tons of ways to help, so it is just a matter of finding a project that interests you.