Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Hello, fellow Linux users! I've recently been searching for a Linux forum since iFans.com (which is a forum that I am daily active at) doesn't really have that big of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hi guys!

Hello, fellow Linux users!

I've recently been searching for a Linux forum since iFans.com (which is a forum that I am daily active at) doesn't really have that big of a Linux community.

Anyway, I've been a Linux user since 2006. I know my way around most distros, giving me the comfort to exclusively use Linux. Well, sometimes I use the iMac, but it's very rare that I do so.

I used to be a HUGE distro hopper, but I have finally settled down on two distros that I think I can stick to for a long time (I've literally tried at least half of the Distrowatch list). I have an old desktop that I run Peppermint OS 4 on and a laptop with Xubuntu 13.10 (which I customized with Kwin).

I'm glad to have finally found a Linux forum that I think I can stick to. Well then, thanks for your time guys!

Welcome in! I consider this to be a very friendly place, well-moderated and civilised.
    ANewHope likes this.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

I can relate to the distro hopping thing...it can become an addiction! These days I bounce between Ubuntu and Manjaro. Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by YourPalMark View Post
    I can relate to the distro hopping thing...it can become an addiction! These days I bounce between Ubuntu and Manjaro. Welcome to the forum!
    I love Manjaro. I just don't like the fact that you can break the system if you aren't careful. I like to stick to Debian and *buntu based distros. One day though, when I get a MacBook Pro, I'm going to go for Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post
    I love Manjaro. I just don't like the fact that you can break the system if you aren't careful. I like to stick to Debian and *buntu based distros. One day though, when I get a MacBook Pro, I'm going to go for Arch.
    Funny thing: I've never broken Manjaro, but I manage to fracture Ubuntu on a semi-regular basis!

Quote Originally Posted by YourPalMark View Post
    Funny thing: I've never broken Manjaro, but I manage to fracture Ubuntu on a semi-regular basis!
    I broke Manjaro only once. But I didn't want to risk breaking again because the laptop that I use is used by my brother too. I've never heard of anyone breaking Ubuntu before though. o.o

Se habla Linux. I can't understand why an iDevce forum doesn't talk Linux <grin>

I'm not a distro hopper don't really get the attraction, under the hood they are all based on just a few distros. I use xbuntu on my laptop and Debian on my servers.

Look forward to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by docbop View Post
    Se habla Linux. I can't understand why an iDevce forum doesn't talk Linux <grin>

I'm not a distro hopper don't really get the attraction, under the hood they are all based on just a few distros. I use xbuntu on my laptop and Debian on my servers.

Look forward to your posts.
    You'll be surprised at how much Android talk there is in this iDevice forum. Most of the active users (myself included) talk more about Android than iOS. I don't even use iOS for that matter. And what DE do you use on Debian?

Quote Originally Posted by ANewHope View Post
    You'll be surprised at how much Android talk there is in this iDevice forum. Most of the active users (myself included) talk more about Android than iOS. I don't even use iOS for that matter. And what DE do you use on Debian?
    I use Debian for servers so no DE terminal only, want to keep things lean and mean.
    ANewHope likes this.

Linux Engineer
    Welcome! This forum lacks a little on the social side, but the technical q/a is pretty good. You wouldn't want to mail me an In and Out burger, would you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast