Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Don't go by the overpriced items on eBay, though--go by the low priced ones; especially the "Buy It Now" items that only last minutes or hours before someone picks it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Don't go by the overpriced items on eBay, though--go by the low priced ones; especially the "Buy It Now" items that only last minutes or hours before someone picks it up.

Another thing to look out for is when a whole bunch of the same type of laptop is listed with a low starting bid. This is a good way to pick up a deal, as there will often be only so many that people want to buy. You can often get something for the minimum bid that way. That's how I picked up two Fujitsu T5010s for $60 each.

Another nice way to save is to research which laptops work with a power adapter you already have. Those T5010s use the same adapter my Motion Computing slates use, as well as my Lenovo laptop.
    Isaac Kuo, ICQ 29055726 or Yahoo mechdan

I have an extra A/C Adapter that I picked up for my NC8230 with the smaller plug but I currently have nothing to use it on.
    I like to "snipe" deals on EvilBay waiting until the last 10 seconds or so to place a bid, I've picked up a couple pretty good deals that way. Got one of my NC6400's for $50 and the other for $55 and I also picked up an NC4400 a couple months ago that was listed at $50 or best offer for $40, it had a power on password that was unknown. I had to pull the entire laptop apart to get to the cmos battery but after I removed it for about a half hour then put everything back together the thing worked like a champ. It came with 2GB of RAM and has a Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz processor. That little 12.1" laptop is really fast since I've installed a 32GB SSD into it.
    Yes, there are still deals to be had but they're just not as many as they use to be.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2