Find the answer to your Linux question:
Remember that book I wrote -- The Charm of Linux? Well, I went to the Lulu site yesterday and found a review attached to it. Unfortunately it was by a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've been trolled!

Remember that book I wrote -- The Charm of Linux?

Well, I went to the Lulu site yesterday and found a review attached to it. Unfortunately it was by a troll who said the book was full of "unintelligible gibberish". Of course everyone is entitled to his opinion but as this is the only review and it's so damning, I bet no one will want to buy the book now, so it looks as if there will never be anyone to write a more favorable review. The poor little book has been strangled in its cradle and I have wasted a lot of work. Understandably I'm annoyed.

I wonder if perhaps one or two forum folk could go there and review it, just so that people can see that it is all just a matter of opinion and that the book might be worth reading after all. I'm not asking for a puff; that would be unethical. I just want fair play.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Linux Guru
    http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/hazel...-21229401.html

Posting this to help out hazel. Not promoting or spamming the book. Just making it easy to get to the review.

Cmon folks. We are all bros and family here.

I am gonna post my cents there and it aint gonna be too pretty. I am usually of the mind if one has nothing good to say. One should say nothing.
    I will try to be civilized but it is not in my nature. Especially when bullies pick on girls.

Thank you for your indignation, Roky, but do I detect a teensy bit of sexism in the last line? The reason I can't hit back directly is not that I am a poor little girl who can't mix it in a fight and needs a knight in shining armour to come riding to her defence on a big roaring motorbike. It's simply that there is a longstanding convention on publishing sites that an author can't review his/her own work. This is for the perfectly good reason that, if it were allowed, these sites would become full of what is effectively advertising spam. Recently an author (and I think it was a female one) was found to have posted a lot of glowing reviews of her own work under false names and was quite properly booted off. So my hands are tied and the troll knows it.
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I know you are a independent human being with your own set of values and morals.
    What this biker would call a "stand up guy" which is a term of respect in my world.

Having a daughter myself and little baby girl grandkids.
    I aint trying to be sexist. I left that out of the review.
    I also left out my old school attitude out of my review so as to not sully your site.

I know you are a tough human being. Being one myself. Like minded recognizes like minded.
    You did that book as a labor of love and in the spirit of sharing.
    Sorry if it chaps my hide when some ingrate expresses their displeasure.
    It must be the country boy in me that is a fault.

I apologize if I offend in any way.

Thank you. That was all I needed.
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com