Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to login as root into a BusyBox v0.60.3 installation (a DVr). I don't know the password and for some reason when I'm presented with the OTP challenge, 9998 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

root login for BusyBox

I'm trying to login as root into a BusyBox v0.60.3 installation (a DVr). I don't know the password and for some reason when I'm presented with the OTP challenge, 9998 ujGS1050C905, and use a web tool to get the 6 word password, it doesn't work.

Does anyone know how to gain root access to BusyBox?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Can you login as a normal user?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Yes, I can login as Admin.

I can't figure out what kind of OTP solution they used... I've tried SHA1, MD4, MD5...all to no avail.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    BusyBox is just a shell over what is usually a Linux system of some sort. It provides light weight internal versions of things such as ls, and such. When you login as Admin, can you execute the 'sudo' command? What about 'su'? Examples:
    Code:
    sudo su -
    # or
    su root
    You might also try to see if you can execute the bash or sh commands.

Just Joined!
    there is no sudo, and it won't let me su...asks for a password, which I don't know. I also got nowhere with bash or sh. This thing seems pretty locked down...frustrating.

Well, if the manufacturer is using BusyBox (and Linux), then they HAVE to provide the source code to their system if you want it! BusyBox has won million$ from manufacturers who would not provide the source since BB's software is GPL'd. Contact the manufacturer for help is my best advice at this point. If they tell you to piss off, then tell them you will be informing BB that the manufacturer is in violation of their (BB's) licenses...

Just Joined!
    Best - answer - ever!

Thank you!!