Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rokytnji
hi guys I want to be a hacker and I dont know from were I should start ........ and i try to learn from websites but most of them has ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question can u help me

hi guys I want to be a hacker and I dont know from were I should start ........ and i try to learn from websites but most of them has viruses
    I study computer enginering and Iam excellent in math so I think it will be easy to me
    can some one help me please

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mariaminstagram View Post
    hi guys I want to be a hacker and I dont know from were I should start ........ and i try to learn from websites but most of them has viruses
    I study computer enginering and Iam excellent in math so I think it will be easy to me
    can some one help me please
    Start with running Linux full time. My signature has some good stuff in it.
    I can hack. With a GED education. But I'm special.

Edit; No viruses here. http://fullcirclemagazine.org/
    Lots of good download magazine editions in pdf format with good informative articles there.
    mariaminstagram likes this.

Also start by NOT posting possible illegal activity on Public Web Forums.
    Really though, save up and go to Derby Con or one of the other Cons that specialize in Security/Penetration Testing and see if you can get hired in to work as a White Hat Hacker through a Company.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    To hack you need deep knowledge of operating systems, networking protocols, and systems level programming. Studying computer engineering will give you a start down that path. Many of the Con's post their presentations on Youtube listen to some of those and see how much you understand, that will give things to start studying. That's the background you need to start down path of a security researcher.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Lightbulb

I've heard of a game called "Hack 'n' Slash" that supposedly teaches you how to hack. Also be prepared for disappointment when you finally do get it figured out. Hacking in real life is almost nothing like the hacking you see in movies. :/

What's it for? And mind you, it's not that easy

Also start by NOT posting possible illegal activity on Public Web Forums.
    He's right by the way...

define "hacker"...

like this: How To Become A Hacker ? - nothing illegal as far as i can see...

also see here (i just love this strip, i should put it in my sig).

You need to learn to build stuff before trying to learn how to break stuff.

Get the Ubuntu minimal ISO and install the core only, then build out a full fledged OS. If you're new and *very* persistent you can probably get that done in under a year. (I did when I was a new.)

Now learn how to *secure* what you've built.

Then build a home network that emulates a scale model of an SMB network. Get two old junkers. Use 1 to build a Gateway / NIDS / VPN, AV Proxy, etc. Use the other 1 to build (from scratch, and I mean kernel up) a semi-intelligent, adaptive, self-defending FW appliance.

Put the gateway between you and the outside world and the FW between your gateway and your LAN.

You now have an OSI compliant secure network.

Search for my posts. I've got tons of stuff on here about how to secure stuff.

In two years you should know enough about how stuff is supposed to work to try to start breaking stuff.

Once you get that far there are tons of online places to learn.

For extra credit set up your own virtual lab out of junkers, emulate a large corporate network and break in to it to your hearts content. It's not illegal to break in to a network you own.

Along the way pick up some certs. In 4-5 years you can get a 100k a year job telling people how to keep script kiddies out of their networks.

Want to get into Security White Hat or Black Hat same skillset start by watching videos like this and for every term you don't understand you know what to start Googling and learning what it is, how does it work, how to defend against it.

A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.