Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
According to this week's news on Distrowatch the NSA is now considering people who use Tor browser and Tails linux as "extremists" who will now be "targeted for further surveillance." ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

NSA flags Tor and Tails

According to this week's news on Distrowatch the NSA is now considering people who use Tor browser and Tails linux as "extremists" who will now be "targeted for further surveillance."

I am so sick of my government. I forget who said it, but the face who said, "Those who would give up freedom for security deserve neither" was a f#$@!~+ genius and deserves every prestige award humanity has to offer. Hopefully we buried him in a gold casket with platinum lining around silk interior in sacred ground blessed by the Virgin Mary herself. We need to give that guy his own holiday.

Hey NSA, flag this!
    TNFrank likes this.
    Linux user since: June 2007
    Current distro: kubuntu-14.04
    Specs: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    High five if you saw the linux computers 24 used on their CTU sets.

Linux Guru
    Hey, at least you know about it.

They probably have this complaint form for one to fill out in their office building where the servers are at.
    SkittleLinux18 likes this.

I have some bad news from the UK too. Our three political parties have agreed to co-operate to rush through in two days a parliamentary bill allowing our security forces to store all our metadata: who we send emails to, who we phone and when, what websites we visit... The actual data (content of emails, search terms) will not be stored but you can learn an awful lot from metadata.

If the government think it is really necessary for them to have this information, they surely ought to open a public debate. The opposition should be challenging it. There should be due parliamentary process. After all ,most bills take months to get through and are thoroughly debated. Instead the whole thing is to be swept through in secret by an unholy alliance of politicians who can hardly refrain from trumpeting their contempt for the rest of us.

I don't recognise my country any longer. Does that make me a terrorist?
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by SkittleLinux18 View Post
    According to this week's news on Distrowatch the NSA is now considering people who use Tor browser and Tails linux as "extremists" who will now be "targeted for further surveillance."

I am so sick of my government. I forget who said it, but the face who said, "Those who would give up freedom for security deserve neither" was a f#$@!~+ genius and deserves every prestige award humanity has to offer. Hopefully we buried him in a gold casket with platinum lining around silk interior in sacred ground blessed by the Virgin Mary herself. We need to give that guy his own holiday.

Hey NSA, flag this!
    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Just Joined!
    Ugh this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    Ugh this is ridiculous.
    What is scary is even just talking about something could trigger their automated keyword searches. That the problem computers can't figure out context of a message.
    A lion does not lose sleep, over the opinion of sheep.

Just Joined!
    Meh we will just rebel anyway, they certainly cannot make it illegal to use TOR so lets just all TOR away as if they want to make us all terrorists then let them do so.

Next thing you know they'll try to say that anyone who runs Kali Linux is a Hacker. Our government is so broken. Hope we vote in some folks that'll really clean things up this November.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

Just Joined!
    I am just waiting for them to label all linux as terroristware as the NSA is probably filled with Microsoft flunkies.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    How many people use selinux?

Anyway two good ways I have recently heard to break these systems.

1. End every tweet, facebook post, forum post, blog or comment with a seditious word or phrase.
    2. Everyone gets a strong ppk pair and sends everyone they know at least one encrypted email a day. It should contain nothing more than a cat picture.

The aim of these being to overload the systems, drown them in static and render them basically impotent.

I keep trying to to pinpoint the moment our government went from being conservative / liberal to being fascist / communist.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast