Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The fascists are coming. We'll see more of this as time goes on.

Obama calls out encryption in terror strategy speech

France mulls tighter noose around crypto

Donald Trump thinks he can call Bill Gates to 'close up' the internet

And it has nothing to do with stopping terrorists or thieves. While encryptions is being used by a *very* small, but growing, percentage of VXers and non-state agents most of their communications still occur in the clear. Most people, bad guys included, have no idea of even simple measures to obfuscate their communications.

It's like the Matrix: This is just another form of control.

They are scared to death of you. They are scared that one day you will take your nose out of facebook, your phone and the idiot box, wake up, realize what they are doing to you and your planet and be pissed about it!

Ergo: You must be distracted, dumbed down and monitored at all times.

It's all bread and circuses baby. Everything old will be new again. Forget straight out of Compton, straight out of Rome!

I wish there was a seperate category for this type of thread so I could exclude it from "What's New".

You have a ton of knowledge but I find these frequent political, gloom and doom posts irritating. This is a Linux forum not a political/social forum...
    Are you a clueless Kali user? If you can't get Kali running on your own, it ain't the right distro for you.

Well, I've never been one for out staying my welcome.

Between this and a thread I've locked it looks like my timing is off this time and I have.

Oh well. Have fun with your head in the sand.

Buh bye.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You have a lot of Linux knowledge and I'd hate to see you go; however, posts like this just don't fit here IMHO.

My head is NOT in the sand, I just don't post about my beliefs on a Linux forum...
    Are you a clueless Kali user? If you can't get Kali running on your own, it ain't the right distro for you.

@ Steven_G:
    Hang in there, many here look forward to your threads.

Yes, and now an excuse to take away our firearms parallel to the last one, which used fear, as well!
    It's like, "emasculate the American male and the country will fall!"

@ Steven_G:
    Hang in there, many here look forward to your threads.

Yes, and now an excuse to take away our firearms parallel to the last one, which used fear, as well!
    It's like, "emasculate the American male and the country will fall!"

IDK why I'm doing this. There's not much point in coming back to the party after you've peed in the punch bowl, or been accused of it.

When I joined this board ~3.5 years ago I would post my clap trap in this section and it would spark lively debates that would last for days, some times weeks. And lots of people would tell me I'm nuts. So what. I've been told that my whole life. Maybe I am; don;t really know, don't really care. When you only have an 11th grade education, you're the only guy in the room w/o at least a 4year degree in compsci and you test out as one of only 3 "senior" techs out of 45 guys, well such protestations just become amusing after a while.

But here recently, instead of just being told I'm nuts and debated, I have been told:
    1) I'm a jerk.
    2) I'm a feewins hurter.
    3) I'm an imperialist.
    4) I'm a bully.
    5) And to shut up on at least three occasions by no less than two people.

Yeah, I'm thinking I should have left the party before I had that last Jim Beam and tried to talk to Sally's sister.

And here I go on one of my rants again: BE WARNED THERE ARE TRIGGERS AHEAD. THIS IS NOT A SAFE SPACE INSIDE THIS POST AND SENSITIVE READERS MAY HAVE DEIR FEEWINS HURT! READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! TURN BACK OH YOUNG ONE, TURN BACK; FOR YOUR VERY SOUL IS AT PERIL!

We're all becoming part of a collective and it's not a good thing. It only benefits those in power. And it's not just them building a new world order w/ pieces of paper like the TPP. It is the assimilation of indigenous peoples in the bush made possible by making sure they have smart phones, even if they don't have running water or electricity. Like expat said in one of his recent posts: In the last 5 years there has been an accelerated sea-change in not only culture, but in the very way that people think.

Dissent is no longer allowed. PERIOD, PARAGRAPH, PAGE!

Unfortunately, that seems to have migrated to here as well. Which, while rather sad, I guess should not take me by surprise. After all, this is just a small reflection of society at large. But what most of you folks don't seem to get, and the very reason that I keep posting this crap here and trying in particular to wake you folks up is that *nix is one of the very, very few weapons we, the people, have in this fight. Think about it: *nix is the ultimate meritocracy / democracy. It's not outright, completely and totally controlled by corporations and governments. Millions of eyes are on the code. There is no place for bad actors, state or otherwise, to hide for very long. It provides people with the tools needed to speak freely in places where such actions will get you dead instead of just ridiculed. Any feature or code can be proposed by any one. But pretty much the only ones that survive are the ones that are beneficial to all. And the few exceptions are quite clearly noted and easily avoided.

Knowledge is power. And with even just a basic knowledge of *nix *YOU* have the power to effect a change for the better in all of this madness. But God forbid we don't follow the crowd. (Oops, I mentioned God, I'm really in trouble now.)

(Well I'm not following the crowd just b/c I'm using *nix and everybody else is hooked on doze. Keep telling yourself that.)

Despite what NGIB requested I will not go stand over in the free speech zone. So it's time to find other ways to waste my day.

Good luck, God speed.

Resistance is not futile.

If you haven't watched Terms and Conditions May Apply I highly recommend it.

Zero-niner: Roger, over and out.

Godspeed, Steve_G!
    PM me if near PDX or SEA.
    Cuppa espresso?
    "All that is required for evil to triumph is for a good human to say nothing"
    _______________________________________________| Salix, Puppy & antiX

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_G View Post
    If you haven't watched Terms and Conditions May Apply I highly recommend it.
    Thanks Steve ...

Linux Guru
    -->
    wow, donald trump really is stupid.

the other 2 articles are more serious (although, who knows, maybe mr trump has to be taken seriously, too, however much it hurts the brain).

and every new measure to give the u.s. government more power over communications is based on national security, fear, and ultimately the WOT (war on terrorism) argument.
    how conveniently the USA found something new to get all hot and bothered about after the fall of the wall.
    keep the good ol' factories churning out more machines...
    maybe they should even thank those 9/11 terrorists for that; how quickly and conveniently (and indistinguishably) War for Oil became War on Terrorism...

maybe this is more sensible:
    Quote Originally Posted by obama
    plus some restrictions on the right to purchase firearms
    (oh and before somebody shouts again that this thread should be locked because of my opinions, consider this: how does that go together with the topic criticized in the first post?)