Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Another Computer rescued with a good Linux Install.

One of the main computers at work(an HP All In One) didn't have any virus protection and ended up getting borked by something. Either way it stopped working and was stuck in the back room to collect dust. I ask what they were going to do with it and was told if I wanted it I could have it so I jumped on the chance to rescue another Windows Infected computer. After a good KDE Neon install it runs like a new system and I now have a good back up computer(really it could be a primary with it's specs) to use. Anyway, enjoy the vid and don't be afraid of the Freedom you'll get by running Linux.

No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

I am not quite sure why people urge to use Linux. Suppose Linux is as popular as Win, then we will have much more threats for Linux - more evil forces targeting Linux, commercial world sneaking into Linux world, games, viruses, social engineering. I like the way linux is not popular. I feel safe and I know hackers target windows systems (in terms of PCs, I am talking here about PCs only). Ransomware and other malware is designed for fat32 so I sleep calmly. No hacker bothers to target Linux PC computer because there is very few of them. You are save because you are unique.

It is said that Linux is safer then Windows. But bear in mind that well configured windows can be as safe as Linux.

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by tether View Post
    I am not quite sure why people urge to use Linux. Suppose Linux is as popular as Win, then we will have much more threats for Linux - more evil forces targeting Linux, commercial world sneaking into Linux world, games, viruses, social engineering. I like the way linux is not popular. I feel safe and I know hackers target windows systems (in terms of PCs, I am talking here about PCs only). Ransomware and other malware is designed for fat32 so I sleep calmly. No hacker bothers to target Linux PC computer because there is very few of them. You are save because you are unique.

It is said that Linux is safer then Windows. But bear in mind that well configured windows can be as safe as Linux.
    and we can also bear in mind your a troll. use windows if you like it. and bleat on all you want about how 'secure" windows is, because its not. you very obviously know nothing about the two systems and how they are different if you honestly think that windows can be as secure as linux

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    -->
    Linux is not just safer because of security through obscurity. Linux is inherently more secure than Windows.