Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Bill Gates was just frigging knighted http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Oh for Christ's sake...

Bill Gates was just frigging knighted

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Yeah, I was hoping the old queen's arthritic hand would slip and lop off his ear or head or something... Alas, one can dream.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Guru
    Makes one wonder who's side the British Gov't is on. Thank goodness we have Poland and the rest of the EU putting down Software Patents.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

shows they will knight anyone these days probably nighted her dog as well. that women is reaching a level of seniality of most that age. good news is he cant call himself Sir that is researved for people of Great Brittian or the commonwealth. foriegners cant

i read an article that M$ is breaking patents here with its DRM initiative with WMV. Sony can go after them if need be. Patent Laws with Ultimately Hurt Windows as well though its just a matter of time if they do make those patent laws happen before windows will go down too. windows will become too over priced with licsences for software patents.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

i thought he had been knighted along time ago like early last year. cause i know i read a big article about it along time ago. but like it matters.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by big_k105
    i thought he had been knighted along time ago like early last year. cause i know i read a big article about it along time ago. but like it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Gates' royal honor -- bestowed by the queen on the advice of the government -- was announced in January 2004, but a "mutually convenient" date to receive it had not been available until now.
    I guess it took them that long to agree on the EULA for his medal.
    Melinda Gates, who described the queen as 'engaging' company, said they had found plenty to talk about on issues such as health problems in the developing world, the avian flu and their shared interest in travel.
    Nothing about those other pesky viruses?
    /IMHO
    //got nothin'
    ///this use to look better

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

I wish old Queenie was now retired, and that we wouldn't have a monachie any more, and nobody to knight Bill.
    All I see the royals do it take a good chunk of our taxes, and wast it away.

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Quote Originally Posted by drakebasher
    Melinda Gates, who described the queen as 'engaging' company, said they had found plenty to talk about on issues such as health problems in the developing world, the avian flu and their shared interest in travel.
    Do you really think Melinda gives a crap about the health problems in the developing world? I think they chated about the beautifull shopping malls and the fine dining and American Idol. hehe I would be shocked if Melinda even knew what the avian flu was. hehe
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Talk about old money meeting new money...

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast