Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: scariest movie ever seen...

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • rose red

0 0%
  • IT

5 17.24%
  • the haunting (new/black and white)

0 0%
  • the grudge

0 0%
  • the ring

5 17.24%
  • the sixth sense

0 0%
  • stephen king movies

1 3.45%
  • friday the 13th

0 0%
  • scary movie 3

3 10.34%
  • other please post

15 51.72%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Pleased you asked this! It was The Devil's Backbone - set in Spain during the time of the civil war. It's a ghost story, and very scary. It makes The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Pleased you asked this! It was The Devil's Backbone - set in Spain during the time of the civil war. It's a ghost story, and very scary. It makes The Ring look foolish.
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

the worst horrow movie ever:
    "The M.O. of AntiPiracy Organizations"
    and it's said it's based on true events...

MO=Modus Operandi(Method of Operation)
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

OMS
    Just Joined!
    The remake of Dawn of the Dead. Especially with thc saturation higher than a hippy's bong-water (I do know that thc is only fat soluble)!

Even Shaun of the dead had me going.

Both amazing films at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by fingal
    Pleased you asked this! It was The Devil's Backbone - set in Spain during the time of the civil war. It's a ghost story, and very scary. It makes The Ring look foolish.
    The Devil's Backbon was a great movie. Glad to see I'm not the only one who caught it
    And Juon (the original Japanese version of The Grudge) was pretty spooky; wouldn't say it's the scariest ever or anything, but MUCH MUCH better than the American version.
    There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.

- Jeremy S. Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline
    And Juon (the original Japanese version of The Grudge) was pretty spooky; wouldn't say it's the scariest ever or anything, but MUCH MUCH better than the American version.
    Glad to hear it. Although I didn't care for either the Japanese "Ringu" or the Americanized "The Ring" I've been wondering if it would be worth my time to check out Ju-On.

As for me, there's a difference I think between movies I find "scary" (i.e. make me jump a few times) and movies I find "disturbing" (i.e. the ones that make you creeped out for days afterward). One of those movies for me was Event Horizon.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    definately check out Ju-on but make sure you watch the Japanese with subtitles, much scarier than the dubbed English voices...

The House with Laughing Windows

Check out any Italian grade-B horror flich, they are exceptional!
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

I agree with techie moe about disturbing movies--of the most disturbing in my opinion: requiem for a dream. The mom in that movie just creeps me out. Sad but true.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux Newbie
    a disturbing movie for me would be "rose red"or "the stand", the whole idea of it is disturbing.
    Linux is for those who want to know why their computer works.

Registered Linux Machine #293111
    Registered Linux User #371115

Two of the most disturbing films I've ever seen were "7" with Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Gwyneth Paltrow. and "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" starring Diane Keaton. Stephen King's "Carrie" was very disturbing as well. For flat out scare-the-bejesus-out-of-you frightening, "Black Christmas" had me locking my doors for weeks when it came out. "The Exorcist" still can give me nightmares. In recent years, "The Others" with Nicole Kidman and Fionnula Flanagan was damned unnerving.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

I also like 'Stir of Echoes' with Kevin Bacon. A haunting soundtrack, including 'Paint it Black' by the Stones, and 'It's not the spotlight' by Beth Orton. Also catch avant garde singer, Poe in the closing credits: great words!

An underated film which didn't do very well at the box office, I think it has some truely scary moments. Quote from Mr. Bacon: 'Go on. Hypnotise me. What's the worst that can happen?'
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast