Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
well i thought i woudl see what everyone is up to lately. Im jst sitting here on my break at work and im pretty bored. well besides being at work ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

im bored sitting here on break

well i thought i woudl see what everyone is up to lately. Im jst sitting here on my break at work and im pretty bored. well besides being at work im doing pretty good cause my webserver is up and running which is awsome, but some ppl still cant access the pages which i dont understand but some others can and i cand while im at work so it dont make much sense but this is jst more rambling on.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Guru
    DNS propergation

it will take some time (upto 72 hr's) for 99% of DNS servers to have a record of your site and the IP address it points to.

Ive been busy lately, setup live mysql database replication for this site on Sunday, so if you destroy this server right now, we still have a backup copy of all the data which is only seconds behind the live copy

Apart from that, im sitting at work reading "Mastering PHP 4.1" by Jeremy Allen and Charles Hornberger.

Jason

that sounds like fun yeah im messing around with VBA and Excel right now the whole macro thing for excel is kind of confusing but its coming along i guess. but shouldnt be to hard since i have a pretty strong background in Visual Basic.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm bored half the time at my work...beta-testing medical databasing software can get tedious. But since I'm always on a computer I just surf a lot...>_>

Linux User
    I thought I was the only one bored at work. Sometimes it's sux to be a support anaylst when you have such a stable environment!! :P

In my downtime, I try to check these boards frequently while at 'work'. That's why most of my posts come during regular works hours (MST).
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

flw
    Linux Engineer
    it will take some time (upto 72 hr's) for 99% of DNS servers to have a record of your site and the IP address it points to.
    J's point here is very accurate. The time is due to all the DNS that needs to propagate the name to the ip from the root DNS all the way to your local ISP. AOL DNS is the most widespread known issue of slow propagation of 3 days.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

yeah i know exactly what you mean except i am a programmer and when i get off track its hard to get back going again so i normally come here check out whats goin on then i get back to work.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com

Man...you guys all suck...I'm running/terminating CAT5e 10 hours/day...close to many computers, but can't log on...or sit and read...just work.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

flw
    Linux Engineer
    You've have the skill set for someting less manual if you choose. So go for it.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

yeah it is really nice to be able to sit at a computer alday. a huge step up from my last job. well it was in the same company i am now but i was down on the floor doing assembly work or cutting wires and fun stuff like that.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast