Find the answer to your Linux question:
Heh. Did my first scam bait recently, thought I'd post it here. I don't have the original email from the scammer, as it was in my spam folder and got ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

My Scambait

Heh. Did my first scam bait recently, thought I'd post it here. I don't have the original email from the scammer, as it was in my spam folder and got deleted. Basically, it said that this guy was very, very sick with cancer, he had lots of money, he hadn't lived a good life, he found religion, we wanted to give his fortune away, etc. Here are the rest of the messages:
    Fidel,
    I am very sorry to hear about you're present condition. Cancer
    is a dreadful disease, and I pity you. We all have things we're not
    proud of in life, and you shouldn't blame yourself. I do commend you,
    however, for your virtue in giving away your fortune. I too am a
    religious person, and as such, understand your feeling of need to help
    the sick and starving. I will agree to help you for those poor people,
    and will donate your money personally, myself, without taking a dime.
    I am an upstanding citizen, and I would never dream of taking your
    money for myself. Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    George S. Johnson
    Dear Mr George Johnson .

Thanks very much and I pray that Almighty God will also show his abundant mercy upon you and your family.You must have some thing from the funds, You can not work with person and refused to take your reward even though little.

Attached is the CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT and PASPORT for your perusal. You are advised to furnish me with your direct mobile phone and fax for easy communication and also contact the security firm and make an enquiry. Also send your receiving address immediately to enable my lawyer prepare the remainig two documents such as THE POWER OF ATTORNEY AND CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP on your name which will enpower you as the next of kin to me.

Read more about the funds and it's origin as this will guide you and also repose more confidence in you about what you are doing.Just like I told you in my initial proposal, I am a merchant but not of arms, terrorism or drugs. I was a major dealer in goods most of which were banned from going into countries like Iraq, Iran e.t.c because of the embargo and sanctions by some European countries and the United States.

I took advantage of the need for some commodities like caned foods clothes e.t.c by those sanctioned countries, I established a trade understanding with some traders in those countries and was able to smuggle some of these food into these countries and were actually sold to them expensively. The funds were always paid to me in United States dollars. I decided to always keep the money in my private safe because of the high tax rate on foreign currencies and also to avoid people raising eyebrows; suspecting and wondering how I make my money considering my simplicity.

Just like life would not give you everything, the unexpected came when I fell sick and was diagnosed of Cancer. I initially wasn't bothered because I felt I had money and could take care of whatever ailment medically. After spending so much money, the Doctor later told me my case was very critical because I was getting worse. To add more to my pain, I lost my wife eight months later after it became clear that my case was incurable.

Looking back at all I have acquired in terms of cash and yet could not guarantee me life, I decided to gradually give out my money to charity. My best option was to use my family. This I did by telling them how much I had and they pretended to be able to do it and we started with 5 million US dollars and then 4 million dollars again. To my greatest surprise, they took advantage of the fact that I could not monitor this closely and diverted the funds for their own selfish use. This became obvious and so many people around me soon knew I had so much money in my house so I stopped further giving them money. I assume that it is still my family who are behind this.
    I do not have a wife anymore that probably could have been able to handle this not even a child. At a point in time when my family members saw that I wasn't interested in them anymore, they tried killing me so they can do away with the money. I got the wind of this plan and i hurriedly and secretly moved the funds to a private security company in Mumbai India for safe-keeping. A friend of mine now arranged for me to be flown to London, where i am presently on my sick bed. My quest for a neutral person is borne out of the fact that i do not want anyone else who has any connection with my family to know about this fund, because i have been betrayed so many times, now i only need a God-fearing person, who is not greedy, who has the same charitable mind as i do.

My condition is very bad now and I may not be able to look further for somebody and so I believe you are God sent. I believe you now understand why this must be made very confidential. I will send to you the certificate of deposit given to me by the security company, I will also write a letter of authorization and send a copy to you and one to the security company. Please note that the security company is not aware of the contents of the consignment, i declared the contents as 'confidential family treasure'
    Their responsibility is to ascertain the authenticity of the Beneficiary of the consignment and release to the beneficiary after all obligations have been met. So on no account must you disclose or discuss the content of the consignment with them. When you are ready to go, I will avail you with the security codes to the box.

Please do not hesitate to ask me what you do not understand while I am still alive. The security company is very reputable and you must endeavor to deal with them with the highest form of diplomacy. Beside what I paid for my medical upkeep, I did not reserve anymore funds for myself because I do not need it. The remaining of my whole life savings is right there in the box. You must also reassure me that you won't act selfishly like my family did.

This is the procedure for this project:
    1. Send a list of 25 orphanage homes to benefit from my charity drive.
    2. Receive a power of attorney from me to enable you contact and discuss with funds managers/bank on my behalf.
    3. Upon conclusion travel to Mumbai India at the earliest possible time to sign the necessary documentation for funds retrieval and transfer.

If you are okay with the above, please forward the data page of your international passport to me without delay for the sole purpose of identification and process of the power of attorney

I wait to hear from you soon.
    Regards,

Mr Fidel Fernando
    Call me on my mobile :+447040117168.
    The funny thing about the above email is that the passport he sent as an attachment didn't even match up with his name. Here is the Deposit Certificate, and the Funny Passport. He later realized his mistake with the passport.
    Fidel,
    I am very sorry to hear about you're present condition. Cancer
    is a dreadful disease, and I pity you. We all have things we're not
    proud of in life, and you shouldn't blame yourself. I do commend you,
    however, for your virtue in giving away your fortune. I too am a
    religious person, and as such, understand your feeling of need to help
    the sick and starving. I will agree to help you for those poor people,
    and will donate your money personally, myself, without taking a dime.
    I am an upstanding citizen, and I would never dream of taking your
    money for myself. Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    George S. Johnson
    Here is where he realizes his mistake:
    Dear Mr George Johnson.

Good Day Sir,

Attached is my ID instead of the one sent yesterday. So i am sorry. It was due to my sickness that made me to be confused, also it was in Hospitals public internet cafe.I just check my sent mail and saw this great mistake.

I know by now you have read the sourch of my wealth,So i am waiting for your response.

Yours Faithfully.

Mr Fidel Fernando.
    He didn't do a very good job of patching things up did he?
    That's quite all right Fidel. I understand that you must get
    very confused at times with your sickness. I will gladly send you the
    list of charities I intend to donate your funds to, but I may not be
    able to get much computer time, as my Father is currently doing alot
    of research. He's a prosecutorial attorney working for the state of
    Kentucky in the U.S. as a Commonwealth's Attorney. He's currently
    working on his biggest case yet: prosecuting a high-profile internet
    scammer. Oh yeah, did I mention I'm under-age, and you can't legally
    enter a binding contract with a minor in the United States? My father
    however, is very interested in your case, and will be glad to "help"
    you for me. Thank you once again for the opportunity Mr. Fernando, and
    I hope you feel better soon.

Sincerely,
    George Johnson
    I never heard back from him after this email. Feel free to call this guy at +447040117168, or email him at fidelfernando_2005@yahoo.com
    I've had my fun, I couldn't leave you guys out!

Linux Enthusiast
    This was educational , thank you.
    3. Upon conclusion travel to Mumbai India at the earliest possible time to sign the necessary documentation for funds retrieval and transfer.
    I was aware that part of the scam is for the "recipient" to
    travel to the country of the "giver" but this is the first time I've seen them mentioning it so early.Actually I've never seen an actually email where it gets mentioned , I've just read that this is how it evolves.

Just Joined!

Wink thank you for the info

I am a us citizen and i am corently recieving messeges from Fidel Fernando. my mom has been scamed befor but i was not sure about this guy untill i did a shearch and found what you wrote. now i will work on getting the guy to stop sending me things about his health and money. thanks cooldawg_992000

i love scambaiting, but it is a very time consuming hobby.

for more info, or otherwise to read some top-notch scambaits take a look at 419Eater:

www.419eater.com

enjoy!
    All Empires rise and fall. The Microsoft Empire has already risen, only one way to go now...

My all-time favorite bite back at spamming was this one:

Sheet Eater
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants