Find the answer to your Linux question:
I recently found out that microsoft were getting sued again but this time sony were also involved. For those who can't be arsed to read the whole story, this is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Another Micrsoft story

I recently found out that microsoft were getting sued again but this time sony were also involved. For those who can't be arsed to read the whole story, this is how microsoft solved it

Immersion initially started the lawsuit against both Sony and Microsoft, Nintendo has acquired a license, but the U.S. console manufacturer settled out of court for a USD 26 million payment (the cost of the acquisition of a license) and other settlements which, in fact, brought part ownership of Immersion to MS.

If you want the full story goto

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/c...tforfree.shtml

here is an interesting thought what about the vibrate feature on cell phones? doesnt that have the same concept as the patent as described in the article. those existed probably before the immersion patent. as well as vibrate pagers etc. so immersion's case may not hold water. now we just have to get Sony's Lawyers to see that.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Linux Newbie
    I really hope sony can do it, especially as microsoft have pumped so much money into the patents and buying some of the company aswell.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    i wonder if their is any truth to this:
    DieYuppieScum
    at 11:36 29/3/2005
    The worst part about this case is that Immersion aquired the patents by $BUYING$ out another company.
    They just got lucky by buying something that wasn't even theirs in the first and cashing in on it now. A bunch of JERKS if you ask me.

And the patents were even granted until 2001 and 2002.
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Banned
    bye bye M$

Just Joined!
    I highly doubt this will hurt microsoft (as much as I would like it to happen). This is basicly just like the cases in europe trying to patent a concept =\