Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im curious, has anyone here used the "social bookmarks" website del.icio.us ?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

del.icio.us - social bookmarks

Im curious, has anyone here used the "social bookmarks" website del.icio.us?

Linux Guru
    I've only recently, as in yesterday, registered for the open-source version,

http://de.lirio.us/rubric

But I have to play with it.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux Guru
    How big do you think these social bookmarking sites are likely to be in the future? do you see them having a real use, or are they just a fad?

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't really see the point... why would I like to see what sites other people bookmark. It might be nice for finding interesting articles regarding some subject you're interested in... but I really have no use for them. I can't really see this kind of thing really taking off

Linux Guru
    how about if this social bookmark idea got so huge, and the search engine results got so bad and cluttered with spam that you began to use this as a way of finding information instead of a traditional search engine? That is what a few people i've spoken to are predicting, im curious to hear what you all think though.

Linux Guru
    I checked it out becuase I use 3 different computers. I get sick of having to constantly sync my bookmarks via ftp. From what I understand, this way they're all in one place, regardless of the browser or computer I'm using.

Jeremy

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    I checked it out becuase I use 3 different computers. I get sick of having to constantly sync my bookmarks via ftp. From what I understand, this way they're all in one place, regardless of the browser or computer I'm using.

Jeremy
    I just got a *.homelinux.com domain from dyndns for free, pointed it to my house, and set up a simple webpage on my server that consists solely of a table of links I visit, then set all my homepages to that address, so I never have to worry about syncing bookmarks

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by zachtib
    I just got a *.homelinux.com domain from dyndns for free, pointed it to my house, and set up a simple webpage on my server that consists solely of a table of links I visit, then set all my homepages to that address, so I never have to worry about syncing bookmarks
    Excellent idea. Then you manually add new links, or what?

Jeremy

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    Quote Originally Posted by zachtib
    Excellent idea. Then you manually add new links, or what?

Jeremy
    Exactly, and when I do, all of my computers will use the same homepage, and therefore the same "bookmarks"