Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
why they not using LINUX to the names? have they actually change the linux kernel?? i think fedora core use linux coz my friend buy a pirated one and its ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

why they not using LINUX to the names? have they actually change the linux kernel?? i think fedora core use linux coz my friend buy a pirated one and its said in the cover "Fedora core <bottom> a redhat linux project" ....my point is...if they using the linux kernel they must use the linux name... its not hard though..just put it...for linus torvalds sake..

Linux User
    Linspire does call itself linux, though, and for the fedora reference, yes, they also call thenselves a linux distribution, the "Redhat linux project" sounds like a description, not teh product name

At teh very top of linspire.com is the text :"The World's easiest desktop linux"

companies are free to name their product whatever they like, I could create a linux distribution and name it "Zach's l33tz0r Operating System" and I'd be fine

Linux Engineer
    "Click-N-Run"-functionality can be reached with porthole (gentoo) or synaptic (debian). With synaptic you can install over 8000 packages, even add your own sources, but synaptic is maybe not that fancy...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2