Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by mohit dhawan i have a dual boot xp an fc3 i don't remember the last time i used windows . I just enjoy learning linux............. it's gerat. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Re: linux addict

Quote Originally Posted by mohit dhawan
    i have a dual boot xp an fc3
    i don't remember the last time i used windows .
    I just enjoy learning linux.............
    it's gerat.
    Glad you are having fun... Linux is where it's happening!

ive been linux only ever since i started using linux because windows got full of virusses and my super ileagal copied ilagidament cd of a stolen version of windows xp that i didnt pay for that i got ileagaly copied from my dad got to damaged to install the ileagal software. so i almost started crying until i saw that box of redhat 9 that i tried once before but didnt get working on top of my desk.

needles to say ive been legal ever since.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

haha ... good 'ol Linux, you gotta admit the price is great! As Microsoft is cracking down on cracked copies, more people are going to be coming our way. Soon it won't be that easy to run a pirated copy and still be able to install the continuous service packs and lack-of-security updates.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

Just Joined!
    if only linux put ms-dos to its system together with X. then i go linux 100%....(on the first hard drive!!!)LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GNU_man
    haha ... good 'ol Linux, you gotta admit the price is great! As Microsoft is cracking down on cracked copies, more people are going to be coming our way. Soon it won't be that easy to run a pirated copy and still be able to install the continuous service packs and lack-of-security updates.
    Apparaently, Microsoft's latest plan is to have people using pirated versions of Windows to hand them back to Microsoft in return for a legal version of that software. The catch is that you have to show them proof of where you got that software from, just so that the Microsoft Secret Police can go around pirate's houses at 2 am and apprehend them cloning various pieces of windows software.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Linux Enthusiast
    i installed linux a couple months back and dual boot with windows. only time i ever go into windows is to play games....but i'm slowly moving away from playing games too, as linux keeps me pretty busy/entertained anyways

i plan on (eventually) completely getting rid of windows and running gentoo as my main os and a second linux distro (probably slackware or maybe linux from scratch) as a project os....to keep me busy

i've found it takes a while to figure out things in linux, but it keeps me pretty busy learning how to do something or figuring out something new. for example, tonight i just got my graphics card working after messing around with it for weeks (simple fix....just didn't realize it ).

Quote Originally Posted by GNU_man
    install the service packs??? i've NEVER done that. hell, if i ever plan to risk my precious hard drive to a windows update then i ask you all to beat some sense into me.
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

It depends what software you use, but i've heard a lot of people i know complain that this and that program _require_ SP to be installed. That's why MS used the approach of scanning for legit copy of Windows before allowing SP installs. Because they know that sooner or later you will _have_ to install it.
    PTL x10 Hallelujah!
    AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 512MB RAM Dual 80G WD HD 8MB Cache (1 WinXP Home, 1 CentOS 4.2) GeForce Ti4200 128MB SB Live! 5.1
    Registered Linux user #391521

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2