Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
TCPA is a threat to society! At least the thouth behind communism was good, it just did'nt work out as well and turned into dictature. But TCPA is pure dictature, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

TCPA is a threat to society! At least the thouth behind communism was good, it just did'nt work out as well and turned into dictature. But TCPA is pure dictature, it wouldn't surprise me if bill gates were hitler's cousin or something!

See, I don't blame Bill Gates for anything. He's a man, an albeit extremely rich and successful man, who founded a company. This company makes a product, and whether or not their products are of any quality is only a matter of opinion, and I respect his (company's) right to want to keep the technology behind his/their products a secret.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krendoshazin
    to me it sounds like they're trying to fix a mole problem by sticking a nuke down a mole hill, linux has proved that the problem with virii, spamware and other things -can- be controlled even when giving the user -more- control over their system rather than restricting them.
    the whole thing feels like a quick and dirty fix to try and gain back the trust of the consumer, rather than addressing the actual problem at hand.
    How convinient in solving two problems?

First, get rid of Linux and second, increase money/make everyone depend of your software.. And since Microsoft is on very friendly terms with the US-government, who's gonna be a key-player in this whole drama?

And other companies are too eager to follow Bill. "He's making money, why won't we?"
    Regardless of the (future) costs (no indivual control), they all follow: short-term profits.

not to mention the fact it would be the perfect legal way for companies to lock you into their software, your files could only be used by that particular piece of software due to the nature of TC and therefore forces you to use it. let's say you're a lawyer, and you have 6 month old TC protected documents you want to view, there's only going to be one program that can access them

*note* we're probably talking about the same thing when you say it'll make them depend on their software, i prefer to call it locking in as people would find themselves needing to use it whether they want to or not

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krendoshazin
    *note* we're probably talking about the same thing when you say it'll make them depend on their software, i prefer to call it locking in as people would find themselves needing to use it whether they want to or not
    Point taken

Since this thread is going to be similar than the thread ''Trusted computing'' , wouldn't it be wise to lock this one and continue in the first one?

i wouldnt be so paranoid if everyone wasnt out to get me!
    Blog
    Registered Linux user 396557

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3