Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

yeh, I myself am still jumping between Linux and windows...
    now on windows... later will be on Linux

Hehe my machine has recently become "evil" free, running Gentoo. It's cool and all, but Im feeling very bsdish (bsd was one of my first distros), very OpenBSDish actually, tis a shame Theo is such a hothead
    Ma homeboy is Jesus himself.

Linux Newbie
    i am so sure u will install linux sometime ...........
    so why not start now
    Portability is for people who cannot programme

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    This community is geared towards people who are using Linux but if you have any questions about Linux (any at all), I would be glad to answer them.

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

As has been said, this is mostly Linux based. However, it is very often to have "Hey! My Windows no longer functions!" posts, where someone who is familar with the Windows environment, installation, and commandline can be useful.

But moreover, this is a good place to just learn. I don't use Debian or Gentoo, but I check those forums somewhat frequently just to learn about how they work.

We certainly wouldn't complain on having you here, though!

Linux Enthusiast
    Interested in Linux?
    Enough reason to join.

"Don't you look around before buying a car?"

Just Joined!
    running is different from using...i tried linux before (knoppix/dsl) but not yet installing it....first because i dont have partition magic..second i have no new harddrive which i can install linux(which is recommended)..

Linux Engineer
    you can download a program called limewire, from which you can download partition magic if you wish to try to partition a single drive in order to use linux
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Just Joined!
    ty for reminding..i have limewire...im downloading now...i hgope its the full version and not the trial ...

Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    you can download a program called limewire, from which you can download partition magic if you wish to try to partition a single drive in order to use linux
    I think it best to remind folks that unless you're talking about downloading a demo version of a program off a Peer-to-Peer network, discussion of this sort of thing is forbidden.

xzworks - Partition Magic is in no way required to get Linux installed. Most major Linux distributions have their own partitioning tools, and some (such as SuSE) will even resize your NTFS (MS Windows XP) partitions to make room.
    Registered Linux user #270181