Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I know it's early (an understatement if there was ever one) but some details have been released about Quake 4. read here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/qu...s_6122391.html or here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/604/604857p1.html Must admit, i'm a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quake 4

I know it's early (an understatement if there was ever one) but some details have been released about Quake 4.

read here: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/qu...s_6122391.html
    or here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/604/604857p1.html

Must admit, i'm a little excited
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Prepare to be fragged!
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Alas, I shall not attend Quakecon this year where they're going to be demoing some parts of Quake 4... From what I gather Quake 4 will be more like Quake 2 than Q3. I, for one, welcome it. Don't get me wrong, LAN parties would suck without Quake 3, but I'm a single-player man who just beat the Doom 3 expansion pack and I'm looking for a decent storyline in this one. Something other than fragging bots, please.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    ... I'm a single-player man who just beat the Doom 3 expansion pack and I'm looking for a decent storyline in this one...
    You sad loner. only joking mate, but yes I agree, there are plenty of great frag-fest/dm/bots, style games out there so one with a storyline would be great.

Even before any system requirements are released I'm certain that my graphics card will almost definately fall flat on it's face if I throw Q4 at it.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Linux Engineer
    Something other than fragging bots, please.
    God, I hope so too! Can't wait to get everything stable to dry doom3 though!
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Linux Newbie
    This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.
    sounds good to me i liked the addition of vehicles in ut2k4 so i think quake 4 will propably be good to. i just wish that it will come out soon before other games include some other element that quake hasn't thought up

Quote Originally Posted by robotics56a
    This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds.
    sounds good to me i liked the addition of vehicles in ut2k4 so i think quake 4 will propably be good to. i just wish that it will come out soon before other games include some other element that quake hasn't thought up
    This actually makes me less likely to buy it. The last thing I want is another Halo.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    This actually makes me less likely to buy it. The last thing I want is another Halo.
    Why? Halo was an achievement in gaming excellence, many of its innovations--maybe to grandiose a term--would be quite enjoyable, especially in games that run on nix systems.
    Operating System: GNU Emacs

Linux Newbie
    personaly i wish that a fps game would come out featureing a dynamic enviroment (like gta) that has its focus on tatics.

Quote Originally Posted by genesus
    Why? Halo was an achievement in gaming excellence, many of its innovations--maybe to grandiose a term--would be quite enjoyable, especially in games that run on nix systems.
    Halo is a game for people who don't play PC games. You're welcome to your opinion, but I greatly disagree. Halo is a steaming pile of ferret dung and the sole reason the XBox is still alive. I for one do not think it is worthy of emulating, particularly by the company that pioneered the first person shooter.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast