Find the answer to your Linux question:
Adobe and Macromedia have announced they're merging. Adobe seems to be a little more Linux freindly, maybe we'll get a Linux Flash editor? Link Jeremy...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Adobe & Macromedia?

Adobe and Macromedia have announced they're merging. Adobe seems to be a little more Linux freindly, maybe we'll get a Linux Flash editor?

Link

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Wow. That's certainly big news, but considering the foot-dragging that both Adobe and Macromedia have done in the past for any type of Linux support, I doubt we'll see anything for some time.

Not to mention that both Adobe and Macromedia (who charge notoriously insane prices for their flagship products) have their main cash-cows in MS Windows and Macintosh, so I doubt very seriously that they'll be working on anything other than integrating those products for those markets for at least the first 5 years or so.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    I just hope Adobe doesn't change the installation routines for the plugins. Good lord, have you seen the installation instructions just to load that @#)(*& AcroReader?! BLEH!
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I imagine the new "Adobe-Macromedia-Dreamweaver-Director-Fireworks-Acrobat-Photoshop-Illustrator-MX-2007" Uber-Product will also set new records for insane retail prices, just as the individual companies did with their respective products.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    i have a feeling this doesnt help the chances of shockwave for linux (maybe i'll dual boot just to play inklink )

Just to throw my two cents in here...

As most people have already stated:
    1) The new company will truly have incredible products for content design and content delivery for the internet.
    2) As for Linux, it is unlikely that any new products will be coming from them as neither of them really push for software on Linux (although Acrobat 7 for Linux is nice)

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

I don't really care much on the Adobe side. I use xpdf for my PDF viewing and OOo can export to pdf.

Flash? A 64-bit Linux flash plugin is all I ask. I hate flash on websites. It's good for animations/cartoons and that's about all IMHO.

All in all, though, I'd like to see this merger bring about good things for the Linux/OSS community.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just Joined!
    Glad to hear this news . but will get the latest update products from this company soon like a windows for linux also ?