Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by tuvok Nah, I would stick with Red Hat, you can get security updates and patches from the fedora legacy, that will ensure Red Hat's stablity for at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Re: wannabe my friend

Quote Originally Posted by tuvok
    Nah, I would stick with Red Hat, you can get security updates and patches from the fedora legacy, that will ensure Red Hat's stablity for at least another 2-3 years.
    I'm just going on experience from what i've heard basically saying if ur on RH9, switch to Fedora as it's not supported. Personally not being a RH person, i wouldn't know, but that's just what i heard.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Just Joined!
    Yeah I know where your coming from , I just prefer having operating systems which arent based off anything, basically it's own OS and it's own progs, instead of package selection difference. Such as *BSD, Red Hat, Slackware etc. Alot of new distro's these days only have one thing different about them, Package Selection. Sure your gonna get your basic program native to the OS, but like stated above, they are basic. Fedora seems very undeveloped and it's only a temporary project plus, it's backed by Red Hat Inc. So really there's not much community involvement either, and trust me, if Linux is gonna stay free and popular, it needs community. That is what I love about Open Source, it doesnt matter who or what you are. As long as you contribute, you are part of the Community.

Quote Originally Posted by tuvok
    Fedora seems very undeveloped and it's only a temporary project plus, it's backed by Red Hat Inc. So really there's not much community involvement either, and trust me, if Linux is gonna stay free and popular, it needs community.
    I think you're grossly misinformed. The Fedora project is far from "temporary" and already has a very strong community presence. Look at their site to learn more about it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Actually Techie, I am a fedora user. I just put up with it because I can't be bothered to burn the rh 9.0 cd's, and being a BSD user, I need at least one linux to play with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2