Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hi chaps, I am anindya from pakur, Jharkhand, India. I used three different distros so far. Only problem I have is log into the net. I posted my my probs ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

wannabe my friend

hi chaps,
    I am anindya from pakur, Jharkhand, India. I used three different distros so far. Only problem I have is log into the net. I posted my my probs but no reply.
    I like red hat 9.
    If anyone help me connect internet I may porve to be a good friend to this forum.
    Thanking u all... listening me.
    Bye[/b]

Linux Newbie
    welcome to the forums

im still new to linux, but ill try and help with your internet
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

Just Joined!
    what kind of problem are you having. Please be more in detailed so that we can help.

Just Joined!
    Yes, please include more information in your questions. What kind of internet connection do you have (dialup, cable, dsl, etc.)? What kind of modem do you have? (internal/external, brand, model)?

Re: wannabe my friend

Quote Originally Posted by anindyapkr
    I like red hat 9.
    Why not upgrade to Fedora Core 3 or 4? Red Hat 9 is now not supported by Red Hat, not since they split their product into Fedora and RH Enterprise.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux Engineer
    Sdousley, maybe he does'nt have a CD-burner? I don't neither, and nobody's selling distros over here, so I have to borrow my dads comp everytime I'm burning something

(I'm gonna buy one as soon as possible... Anybody know about some which works fine with linux by the way?)

Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    (I'm gonna buy one as soon as possible... Anybody know about some which works fine with linux by the way?)
    I have yet to find a CD or DVD burner that *doesn't* work with Linux. Mine's an NEC 3500AG 16X Dual-Layer DVDRW and it runs fine.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by jaboua
    I have yet to find a CD or DVD burner that *doesn't* work with Linux. Mine's an NEC 3500AG 16X Dual-Layer DVDRW and it runs fine.
    LG or Liteon are good too
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Just Joined!

Re: wannabe my friend

Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    Quote Originally Posted by anindyapkr
    I like red hat 9.
    Why not upgrade to Fedora Core 3 or 4? Red Hat 9 is now not supported by Red Hat, not since they split their product into Fedora and RH Enterprise.
    Nah, I would stick with Red Hat, you can get security updates and patches from the fedora legacy, that will ensure Red Hat's stablity for at least another 2-3 years.

LG or Liteon are good too Wink
    Yes, but Sony and Pioneer rule

NB: I know that Sony is just a rebranded Liteon, so far ive had no troubles with it (had it for year now), but my friends liteon has stopped working altogether.

anindyapkr, where did you post the question?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast