Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by Krendoshazin Originally Posted by Vergil83 Also, maybe we should just have a single welcome thread..... Yesterday, there were like 5 at one time i made the suggestion ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Krendoshazin
    Quote Originally Posted by Vergil83
    Also, maybe we should just have a single welcome thread..... Yesterday, there were like 5 at one time
    i made the suggestion to have an introduce yourself thread in the suggestions forum, the response was not as enthusiastic as i hoped
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/topic-40543.html
    yep, there she is
    Quote Originally Posted by eqisow
    Because personal welcome threads make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
    I never did a personal welcome thread..... maybe I should start one
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    How do you like 9.3 so far? I'm still debating whether to take the plunge...

Just Joined!
    I started using linux just to check it out around 2 years ago. ( i messed around red hat, suse, yopper and all those other mainstream distros if you want to call them that )...I didn't really start getting serious linux until i saw suse 9.2 (plus it was cheaper than the alternative....and i didn't want any pirated software on my pc not that i had any...wink wink).

When i saw 9.3 i just had to have it. I love the fact you don't have to buy extra software for linux everything is already included and installed. Some things like sound and multimedia programs need to be adjusted but that's minor to the money you'll be saving. Everything worked great on my pc internet worked like a charm except sound and dvd but that was fixed within 2 days. I only need to get one more thing done that's my ATI x600 video card.

Other than that i'm satisfied with my distro. My only problem is i want the latest distro every time it hits the shelves....and i really don't have any friends who use linux...so that means i have to buy every update that comes out....we'll i've only bought one so far but i can see myself doing that.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Welcome jcuellar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2