Find the answer to your Linux question:
http://www.gnu.org/events/rms-nyu-2001-transcript.txt He explains the difference between Free software and Open source software , why he thinks it's important people should use the term Gnu/Linux instead of Linux and other interesting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

A Richard Stallman speech

http://www.gnu.org/events/rms-nyu-2001-transcript.txt

He explains the difference between Free software and Open source software ,
    why he thinks it's important people should use the term Gnu/Linux instead
    of Linux and other interesting stuff.

Just Joined!
    I understood why not to call Linux and call the operating systems as GNU/Linux from my Linux user group here in Mumbai.

Thanks for the link!

Linux Engineer
    eh, stallman just needs to shut up and quit his whining. he's done a lot of good for the community, but now all he does is whine incessantly. bah.
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr

Quote Originally Posted by Linus Torvalds
    Umm, this discussion has gone on quite long enough, thank you very much. It doesn't really matter what people call Linux, as long as credit is given where credit is due (on both sides). Personally, I'll very much continue to call it "Linux".
    i recognise and appreciate the part that GNU played in the complete picture of what is now Linux, however i see no need to change the name, credit where credit is due, and where that recognition is realized i see no need to keep pounding this issue