Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
I do believe they were using Windows. I was only at reception so I didnt see much. When I had friends that had duty at the service desk, I believe ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I do believe they were using Windows. I was only at reception so I didnt see much. When I had friends that had duty at the service desk, I believe they were using MSN messenger and all that. So, Windows would be my guess

Oh, and the recruiters were all using Windows on their laptops issued by the Army

Just Joined!
    Before i was into the company i'm into now i was in the computer security business.. There was no reason to use windows when it comes to Security ...

Just Joined!
    hmm... i've had my hands on an ex army issue laptop (from about 1995 i think) for a few minutes at one point... and it was running vms from what i could see

mind you, the only reason i knew it was army issue is because it was branded as belonging to the uk army underneath it

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    flw
    Linux Engineer
    Even back in early 80's it was VMS for local machines. I was gone before 1995. Thank god for that. I wouldn't have wanted to be around for the change over from VMS to Win NT 3.51. There was also no coordination betwen the services back then so AF did its thing, Navy another, Army another. Today thet are abit more integrated with technology/communicaitons but there's still the part of treating each other as competing brothers for the same treat.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Just Joined!
    Welcome Hotweelz.I am new too.

Linux Newbie
    Sorry guys but I deleted RedHat. I couldnt get the thing to connect and it was wasting more of my time than I wanted to. However, I am not going to try and sell it as I will use it down the road.

I do appreciate all the help that I got here

Just Joined!
    I am also new to Linux and this is what I did: I partitioned half of my hard disk for Windows, and left the rest free, so I installed both Windows and RedHat9. Whenever something doesn't work in Linux I use Windows. But I use less and less Windows as I learn how to use Linux. I already am able to understand Linux and be able to solve problems which some days ago seemed impossible to solve. Just give it some time, you'll like it. And only consider so many viruses, worms, trojans which infect Windows. Linux is imune to most of them. Plus, it's much more stable and secure. It's really worth trying it. If you don't have too much time, no problem:install both Windows&Linux and use Linux whenever you have spare time.

Linux Newbie
    Well I was really getting into Linux. I was starting to have some fun, past the fact that I couldnt connect. That was my only sticking point. I couldnt get on the internet, which would force me to have to restart the computer, log into windows, come here to find help, then go back. Very tedious

If I could get that update to update RedHat to a kernel that I could find a modem driver for, and I could connect, then I would start using it. I really would. I might just sit down and reinstall it again and see what I can come up with

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Well I feel your pain as I can't get my dual boot laptop XP/RH9 to find my modem or find a mfg that supports a pcmcia type I or II modem adapter.

Currently lost in linux modem hell. I even didn't mention my wireless NIC that has the same issues.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Newbie
    Well another small update. I am currently downloading the 2.4.20-19.9 kernel update (13.4MB in rpm form, hope thats it) and have downloaded the modem driver for this kernel and my driver. So, I am going to go back through and install RedHat. Hopefully this time things work out a little better that last time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast