Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by borromini Red Screen Of Death? 0r Redmond's Screen Of Death LOL...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by borromini
    Red Screen Of Death?

0r Redmond's Screen Of Death LOL

Linux Newbie
    Pssh, neither one of these is as bad as the Plaid screen of death I came across when I corrupted my memory by messing around with C pointers as an amateur. Now that was scary, and required a hard reset.
    \"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces.\" - Sluggy Freelance

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    I think this is funny and sad at the same time. Users of Microsoft Windows have become so jaded by the Blue Screen of Death that they now need a new Red Screen of Death in order for them to actually pay attention to the fact that their operating system has had a catastrophic error.

"Honey, something's wrong with the computer again!"
    -"Is it the blue screen? Just reboot it. It's fine."
    The more I think about it, the funnier it is, because I can fully remember (back before I knew anything at all about computers) occasionally running into the BSOD or seeing my dad get it, and having him say all you gotta do is reboot. Not caring at all at what it actually means. Spend a thousand or much more (these day's) on a top of the line (for the minute) machine and it has a catastrophic error and you ignore it and just reboot. Seems a bit silly to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Workaphobia
    Pssh, neither one of these is as bad as the Plaid screen of death I came across when I corrupted my memory by messing around with C pointers as an amateur. Now that was scary, and required a hard reset.
    "What was THAT?!"
    -"It's Spaceball One! They've gone PLAID!"

Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB
    For what he's charging for the software, the least he could do is to add a .wav file to go along with it just to "enhance the total XPerience"

For the BSOD maybe a metallic grinding, a screech and then a crunch...

For the RSOD the sound of mocking laughter.......
    I remember playing with my system sounds on my father's Apple PowerPC desktop oh so long ago. Whenever something would go wrong (which actually happened relatively rarely with that computer), the voice from Mortal Kombat (the one that said "Fight!" and "Finish him!") would say: "It's official: you suck."
    At my old work on our bosses computer we changed all of the sounds in his windows machine to homer simpsones "Doh!" for every sound.
    He called us freaking out. He was like "Oh sh$# I got a virus"
    It was funny.
    Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph. They'd be a lot more careful about what they say if they had.
    -- Linus Torvalds

Linux Newbie
    hmmm i wonder if theres customizable error screens, i mean theres customable themes, boot screens, login screens and crap, why couldnt they put one in for error screens. i guess it wouldnt be to hard to try change the colour, however i havent been in windows so long. wheres the file that u modded for the sounds and stuff. this could be fun.

DISCO ERROR SCREEN

oh dear. when people just dont give a shite that there hundreds of pounds/dollars worth of machine/OS repeatedly crashes, you know theres something seriously wrong with this world.
    how can people be so accepting of such ****?
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2