Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: whats your average daily computer usage?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 4 hours

5 11.11%
  • 4 - 8 hours

17 37.78%
  • 8 - 12 hours

15 33.33%
  • 12 - 16 hours

8 17.78%
  • > 16

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Quote Originally Posted by geese
    I used to be freak gamer, it used to drive my wife mad. Until once I did'nt see the outside of my house for 2 days and not even know it until I finally crawled out. It made me admit that I had a problem.
    Haha. I predict a very sharp drop in my overall computer usage once I'm no longer single.
    Heh, but I'm sure it'll be a good drop of computer usage. Mine surely was when I left the bachaleor spotlight...

Quote Originally Posted by soulbrothax831
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe
    Haha. I predict a very sharp drop in my overall computer usage once I'm no longer single.
    Heh, but I'm sure it'll be a good drop of computer usage. Mine surely was when I left the bachaleor spotlight...
    I'm quite sure I won't mind.
    Registered Linux user #270181

computer usage

i use my computer at least 14 hours a day .. guess i am crazy!

http://www.alllinuxinfo.com

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I am on the phone and computer at the same time for the entire 9-10 hrs I am at work, as I trade stocks. then I get home and spend anothe maybe 6 hrs doing personal stuff (scouring the web for new a different things, or playing games). So I am sitting at 15-16 hrs daily. My "new game binges" have lasted for 18hrs or more with minimal bathroom breaks ( I take it easy on the Dr. Pepper when I know I am going to be there a while). Eating during the cutscenes, dull moments, or respawns. And believe it or not I HAVE a gf that I have been with for going on 4 yrs. Just gotta master the art of pretending to listen. Linux is my new project so we shall see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by JCaserta
    And believe it or not I HAVE a gf that I have been with for going on 4 yrs. Just gotta master the art of pretending to listen. Linux is my new project so we shall see where this goes.
    Yes, I thought I perfected that art too, but after I got married reality hit me hard, try being locked out of the house for the entire day with nothing but a pair of shorts!

My usage is still high but the game time is a bit moderate. When she wants attention, I give her attention. Its safer that way.

HAHA , yea I imagine once you lock the ball and chain on your bound to have to make a few sacrifices. The REAL lucky ones are they guys that have girls that will sit at their own puter next to them and play too!! Only met a few of those.

The REAL lucky ones are they guys that have girls that will sit at their own puter next to them and play too!! Only met a few of those.
    Yep, they're rare, but I've met a few myself.
    Registered Linux user #270181

The REAL lucky ones are they guys that have girls that will sit at their own puter next to them and play too!! Only met a few of those.
    My wife likes to sit down and play MAME games with me. But beyond that she isn't interested in my computer addiction.

Just Joined!
    when i'm in school- about 1-2 hours a day and on weekends about 3-5 hours (when im not grounded)

Linux Engineer
    <4 hours on a weekday, but on weekends ~15+.