Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: whats your average daily computer usage?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • < 4 hours

5 11.11%
  • 4 - 8 hours

17 37.78%
  • 8 - 12 hours

15 33.33%
  • 12 - 16 hours

8 17.78%
  • > 16

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
A typical day for me would be something like this get up, go to work, logon 8:30 am - logout 3:00 pm; go home, logon 4:00 pm - logout ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

post your daily computer usage

A typical day for me would be something like this get up, go to work, logon 8:30 am - logout 3:00 pm; go home, logon 4:00 pm - logout 11:30 pm. A total of 14 hours. On weekends I exceed that.

what about you ?

You beat me, I probably spend 10-12 hours a day.
    Unless I am on the job, I fix peoples computers for a living, and business is real slow right now.
    How to know if you are a geek.
    when you respond to "get a life!" with "what's the URL?"
    - Birger

New users read The FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by budman7
    I fix peoples computers for a living, and business is real slow right now.
    waiting for the next windows bug . . . i bet.

I spend my entire workday on a computer (I write software), so that's roughly 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. Add to that another 2-3 hours at home (let's say 3, in case I'm playing a game) and that brings my tally to 55 hours during the week, or roughly 11 hours a day.

On the weekend I've been known to have videogame binges on my computer lasting up to 8-10 hours a day, times 2 days, which brings my total weekly computer usage to somewhere in the ballpark of 75 hours.

Just for fun let's multiply that by 4, giving me a monthly total of 300 hours, times 12 months gives me 3600 hours a year. If I continue the way I'm going until I'm 60, I will more than likely have carpal tunnel, bad eyesight, and a whopping 136,800 estimated hours using a computer. Convert that and I'll have spent the equivalent of 15 years of my life on a computer.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    For now, I spend hours on my pc... Since I'm not working right now, and getting into Linux (yes, I'm learning ).
    ** Registered Linux User # 393717 and proud of it ** Check out www.zenwalk.org
    ** Zenwalk 2.8 - Xfce 4.4 beta 2- 2.6.17.6 kernel = Slack on steroids! **

On the weekend I've been known to have videogame binges on my computer lasting up to 8-10 hours a day, times 2 days, which brings my total weekly computer usage to somewhere in the ballpark of 75 hours.
    I used to be freak gamer, it used to drive my wife mad. Until once I did'nt see the outside of my house for 2 days and not even know it until I finally crawled out. It made me admit that I had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by geese
    I used to be freak gamer, it used to drive my wife mad. Until once I did'nt see the outside of my house for 2 days and not even know it until I finally crawled out. It made me admit that I had a problem.
    Haha. I predict a very sharp drop in my overall computer usage once I'm no longer single.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux User
    I spend about 8 hours a day using computer. But in the weekends and specially on summer holidays I spend 10 - 12 hours a day.
    Linux registered user #358842
    Human knowledge belongs to the world.

Linux Engineer
    About 4/24 hours in the week, and maybe 12/24 in the weekends. In the vications maybe 10/24...

Hmmm... I am right around the eight hour mark. On a weekend I can spend up to 12 hours, and the bare minimum is about 3 hours. What is interesting is what I actually do with a computer. Years ago, I spent hours at a time playing games. Lately, I can't play a game for more than an hour at a time. I do spent hours on the 'net and with email (I get anywhere between 15 and 60 emails a day, depending on what's going on). I have begun to spend lots of time on linux sites, like here and distrowatch
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast