Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Well I havent been around long enough to really gauge what people using Linux think of Windows users. Im curious what your thoughts are?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

What Do You Think Of Windows Users?

Well I havent been around long enough to really gauge what people using Linux think of Windows users. Im curious what your thoughts are?

Linux Guru
    I would like to attempt to sum it up in one word...

Misguided

Jason

uke:
    :banghead:

heh, kind of. I use windows a lot myself so...
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

Linux Newbie
    And why do you think this?

Is it because you think Linux users are smarter or know their OS more?

i dont think anything of windows users cause i still use windows for things and i really only know 2 other ppl that use linux well in person anyway. and one is my roommate that i was able to talk into linux but it wasnt hard cause he was using the worst of all the windows WinME and my other buddy has suse running on one of his computer but i dont know how much he uses that system but he set up his main system to dual boot with redhat 9 again i talked him into switching.
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Newbie
    I had a feeling that Windows users were looked down upon somewhat in the Linux community. Not really a bad thing though. I mean, you get rivalries like that in all things. Its just, in my experiences, I have found more people who know Windows inside and out, and who can do pretty much whatever, as I have found with Linux users. I think Windows users can be just as smart. But the fact that Windows is much easier to use, and therefore you get the stupid people, it hurts the whole community, IMO.

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Just by looking at my avatar you can see some of my feelings. I have issues with extremist from either side. I don't like reading anything from M$ or Linux Nazi's.

For anyone with a closed mind, I really don't want to here thier opinion becuase they refuse to consider new possibilities.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlanwan
    Just by looking at my avatar you can see some of my feelings. I have issues with extremist from either side. I don't like reading anything from M$ or Linux Nazi's.

For anyone with a closed mind, I really don't want to here thier opinion becuase they refuse to consider new possibilities.
    I can understand that. I guess im just lucky enough to have seen the best of bost worlds. Most people I know use Windows, and are very good at it. BUT, they dont discount the idea of Linux, or put it down.

I had an M$ nazi at my previous skewl. He wasn't as bad as he could've been about it, but it was still annoying. As far as Windows users, I just feel that they're victims of marketing. I feel that billg is a marketing/business genius, though I hold his OS product in low regard.

IMHO computers have been dumbed down too much so that anyone can use them without training and there are people that shouldn't even own a calculator that have computers. Granted that there are Windows users out there that know a great deal and are actually smart, but I also feel (since I used to be one of those people) that Windows limits you too much

I guess most of this comes from my annoyance at the ignorance of society in general as well as thier seeming lack of interest in using thier minds to think for themselves.

/rantover
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sarumont
    I guess most of this comes from my annoyance at the ignorance of society in general as well as thier seeming lack of interest in using thier minds to think for themselves.
    I totally agree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast